Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Whats in Super4 today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Whats in Super4 today

Next in for some parts to be fitted was a very clean e46 318ci coupe. A GREEN cone filter replaced the standard item, carbon fibre kidney grills, led side light bulbs and Angel eyes. No pics with led side light bulbs.

TESTING BEFORE FITTING :

FITTED :

Thanks for looking .

www.instagram.com/super4bmw

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Whats in Super4 today

This e36 M3 smg beauty was in yesterday for a post repaint machining and some final wet sanding.

REFLECTIONS AFTER SANDING AND MACHINING:

ZOOM IN :

Thanks for looking .

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Whats in Super4 today

Quote Originally Posted by Super4
    This e36 M3 smg beauty was in yesterday for a post repaint machining and some final wet sanding.

ZOOM IN :

Thanks for looking .

That's unreal Cab!!:surprised:

BMWHaus Guru

Whats in Super4 today

Mmmm lovely. A lot of Fern going on there inside and outside

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by Super4

ZOOM IN :

Thanks for looking .

That's unreal Cab!!:surprised:
    Thanks Dave, the car has come along way and a lot of that has to do with the owners love for it. It was originally in for a paint correct but upon closer looking it was better to repair and repaint where needed it and correct the rest. Yesterdays work was to finish it off as I wanted it to cure for a good 8 weeks before doing any more on it. some areas were sanded, car fully machined twice, waxed and sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Mmmm lovely. A lot of Fern going on there inside and outside

Regards,

Andy
    Fern is taking over my life now Andy, if the 318is I got in doesn't sell as is in the next week then I shall be going to town on the body work and doing the few bits she needs for NCT etc. Might wet sand a panel over the weekend to see what she comes up like.

BMWHaus Contributor

Whats in Super4 today

What's in super 4 today?? Heard u had a piece of shit e36 in with u the last week!! Did it go the scrap yard yet

BMWHaus Contributor

must have a hellrot take over now shah

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Whats in Super4 today

E46 325ci in for some suspension love, the front end was behaving erratically as well as sounding like it was all about to fall asunder. Upon inspection a few things were noticed one of which was some genius decided to remove the spring height locking perches meaning when turning the cars height was altering. the funny thing about this is that at some point someone went to the effort to strip the front coilover units just to remove them. The passenger side was showing much more signs of perch movement and remaining spring perch was much further down the shock body causing a notable difference in height between the 2 sides.

Next was onto tracing the immense groaning grinding sound coming from the front of the car which was found to be the adjustable drop links which has completely lost all there threads thus the ball joint end was moving up and down inside the threaded drop link sleeve when driving. This shall be replaced with new BC front drop links. The other issue I noticed on the car was the hub shock bolts are completely worn and rotten to near breaking point, these will not take another torqing to BMW specs as they will sheer the heads. Having only had an E46 in earlier in the week with a similar problem except the bolt head had sheered and thus the shock was moving inside hub. So folks I would advise all doing suspension upgrades on their E46's to replace both front shock hub bolts. They are part number : 31306779487 and can be supplied by Super4 .

ONE VERY WORN E46 FRONT SHOCK HUB BOLT :

WORN ADJUSTABLE DROPLINK THREADS :

WORN ADJUSTABLE DROP LINK THREADED SLEEVE :

VIDEO TIME : A BIT GLITCHY BUT YOU'LL GET AN IDEA

Having sold BC Racing coilovers many years I can only say great things about them, so while these were off the car I decided they deserved a good clean up and full check over to make sure all is as it should be. Today I shall be checking for bearing play in the upper bearings, checking damping adjustability function and the damping itself.

THE BC TEAR DOWN AND CLEAN UP :

Thanks for looking

will the Meyle HD front drop links work with the bc's on the e46?

BMWHaus Guru

Is the e46 Imola red by any chance??