Thread: E92 335i BMW Performance Exhaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E92 335i BMW Performance Exhaust

Hi All

Has anyone ever fitted a genuine bmw performance exhaust to their 335i? Looking for a little more noise without making it too loud. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Steve

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E92 335i BMW Performance Exhaust

Hi Steve, welcome to the site, keep the stock exhaust and do the golf tee mod (opens the valve on second pipe) it does the trick I'm pretty sure you'll be very pleased with the result

Are you based in Cork by any chance? 07-D-66130 yours?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blanc
    Hi All

Has anyone ever fitted a genuine bmw performance exhaust to their 335i? Looking for a little more noise without making it too loud. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Steve
    BMW performance exhaust sounds great on them and is great value.

Never mind knacker mods!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    Hi All

Steve

Never mind knacker mods!
    Great advice John, spend a couple of thousand euro without even trying a free mod

Try it or at least look it up Steve, there's no modification to the exhaust whatsoever you don't cut back boxes out or anything like that, you just unplug a cable, and if you don't like it you plug it back in, you'd be mad not to try it before pulling the trigger on an exhaust.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    Hi All

Steve

Never mind knacker mods!
    Great advice John, spend a couple of thousand euro without even trying a free mod
    That "Golf Tee" mod is piffle!

All it does is fool the exhaust in to thinking the engine is warm all the time.

The flap that you are keeping open all the time opens anyway when the engine gets up to normal running temp.

There is absolutley no comparison to a silencer upgrade.

Here's a link to a performance exhaust in Germany.

They ship to the UK regularly. Well known on UK forums. Very competitive price.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Performance-Endschalldampfer-Auspuff-3er-E90-E91-335i-/281650484904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4193a d56a8

Haha thanks guys. I am based in Kildare. Will post a few pics this weekend. Where is best value for the bm exhaust. Joe Duffy were off the wall with their price

BMWHaus Guru

That's a very good price...the performance exhaust sounded very very good on your 135 John...but at the same time, the standard exhaust on Peters 335 sounds good too.

The actuated flap in the passenger side exhaust opens within a few minutes of starting a cold car. What it does is keeps heat in the exhaust pipes in order to warm up the catalytic converter so it does its job fast. It's only a gimmicky thing to do with emissions.

If it was to only open when the engine gets up to full operating temp it wouldn't open for 15-20 minutes of driving :P
    Current: 2016 F82 M4
    Previous: 2013 F30 330d
    Previous: 2007 E92 335i
    Previous: 1999 E46 318i