Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing diff oil from carpet

BMWHaus Guru

Removing diff oil from carpet

HELP!

Long story short I managed to get diff oil all over the passenger side foot well this morning.

Worse thing is it's now soaking in as it happened just before work so I'm stuck working while it's soaking.

What would I need to do to remove this? :sad:

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: Removing diff oil from carpet

Bet that smells

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    Mop up the worst with rags old towels or paper towles, then carpet shampoo or maybe washing up liquid might be handy for you

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Removing diff oil from carpet

Take up the heavy stuff with rags and try oil dry/sand and leave it soak. Then take the carpet out and hoover up

Sent from my magical talkie device

BMWHaus Guru

Get the heavy stuff up the rent one of them Rug Doctors from Tesco or Woodies and use it to wet vac the rest, put Bicarbonate on Soda done to help with the smell and dehumidifiers/bowl of rock salt to help with the damp carpets after they are done

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Get the heavy stuff up the rent one of them Rug Doctors from Tesco or Woodies and use it to wet vac the rest, put Bicarbonate on Soda done to help with the smell and dehumidifiers/bowl of rock salt to help with the damp carpets after they are done
    Didn't know I could rent such a thing. Fantastic news. Thanks all for the advice!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Didn't know I could rent such a thing. Fantastic news. Thanks all for the advice!
    No hassle, they are not cheap but great time to whip the seats out and do the whole carpet, take 20 mins to get them out but freshen up the interior no end, also the floor matts will/can come up like new

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    No hassle, they are not cheap but great time to whip the seats out and do the whole carpet, take 20 mins to get them out but freshen up the interior no end, also the floor matts will/can come up like new
    Just been looking at the woodies page. Lack of info on there. What products will I also need to accompany it or what way does it work even? :smiling:

BMWHaus Guru

Most woodies have the rug doctor they are around €28 for 24hrs or €33 for 48hrs for the machine. They also have products you mix with the hot water from around €7-€25 per bottle depending on your need/use.

Although the UK site you can search for Ireland also: http://www.rugdoctor.co.uk/ , forgot some Tesco's also do them. :-)

BMWHaus Contributor

Tesco wexford does em

Sent from my SM-G3815 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dean-e36
    Tesco wexford does em

Sent from my SM-G3815 using Tapatalk
    Do Woodies in wex do them?