Thread: E36 323 - does it have a CDV?

BMWHaus Guru

E36 323 - does it have a CDV?

As above, I'm trying to figure out if my car has a clutch delay valve, and if so, how do I go about removing it?

To be honest I've no complaints with the way the car drives so may be a case of "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" but from what I've read, should improve gear change that little bit more and prevent excessive wear on the clutch. Every little helps eh?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 323 - does it have a CDV?

Conflicting info online anyway that's for sure!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Yep! I always only post when I get sick of looking at conflicting ambigious bull online

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Yep! I always only post when I get sick of looking at conflicting ambigious bull online
    have you checked realoem and next time she's on a lift being the other option I guess. Interesting topic though.

BMWHaus Guru

Good call on realoem

I got this far:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF72&mospid=47429&btnr=21_0059& hg=21&fg=10

And after a little more fishing, the "lock valve" is what people normally call the CDV, question now is, how does one delete it?

Found this: http://www.bmwforums.info/bmw-tuning-forum/1553-clutch-delay-valve-cdv-e36-e46-e39.html

Love this - and I quote: "Removal of the valve in these cars results in very crisp and firm shifts. With a lightweight flywheel, the engagement is so positive and quick that passengers are pushed into the seat with greater force than ever before."

Haha, the mrs is going to LOVE that

BMWHaus Guru

I do love little things like that! It's all about these little bits and pieces, short shifter, quick ratio rack, weighted gear knob etc etc it makes a difference overall