Thread: ecu query.

ecu query.

If an ecu has stored faults from previous issues would that affect the cars performance? Was getting a misfire and engine managment light on the dash. Ran a test and gave me a misfire on cyl 4 also cam position sensor ( after i changed my ccv i left this unplugged and ran the car for a couple days before i realised my mistake so is it possible this is what the ecu had stored)

Cleared the faults and the misfire is gone car is driving 100% now. Just wondering if im hiding the issue or it was stored from a previous issue and that caused the problem.

Re: ecu query.

Id always start by clearing the codes when doing a diagnosis then take it for a short drive and run the test again

But to answer your question no a previous stored code should have no effect on the car if the issue was resolved , also a lot of time one part failing can throw numerous codes

RE: ecu query.

I cleared went for a 20 min drive was fine ran the test again and got all clear no faults. Will have to give it a couple days and see if it comes back again. I know what the issue is now anyway. Getting a service on wed will order that sensor for peace of mind also.