Thread: Alloy wheel repair's/ welding...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Alloy wheel repair's/ welding...

I know of wheel wizards etc but I have a wheel with a pretty big lump taken out of the outer face.

Is there anyone that could repair this? Ive found a few places from searching DD but if someone can make recommendations here?

Thanks.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Alloy wheel repair's/ welding...

There is an Australian who has a small shop out in barstown ind park past dunboyne that welds cracks and missing chunks etc

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

What about Wheel Doctor in Tipperary? On the home page there is a fairly substantial chunk missing from the wheel that he repaired:

http://www.wheeldoctor.ie/
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by michael320
    I know of wheel wizards etc but I have a wheel with a pretty big lump taken out of the outer face.

Is there anyone that could repair this? Ive found a few places from searching DD but if someone can make recommendations here?

Thanks.
    I would recommend highly Leahy's engineering they straightened my style 5's before I refurbed them.

D.Leahy Engineering Ltd, U5 Royal Rock, Galway Phone : 086 8324187

BMWHaus Guru

Alloy wheel repair's/ welding...

Another vote for Leahy

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks lads, I was actually wondering if Leahy's did that sort of work. I passed by the other day but didn't get a chance to call in.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michael320
    Thanks lads, I was actually wondering if Leahy's did that sort of work. I passed by the other day but didn't get a chance to call in.
    I havn't used them ever for welding ever buy they have straightened wheels for me more thatn once when the motorway was being built when the roads were destroyed at the time. their work is always a1 afaik sasha motors do it also but ya get what ya pay for i suppose.
    I assume ya know to show up with the tyre removed as they have no machine to do it.

BMWHaus Contributor

Ya il whip the tyre off before. Il drop in with it and see what/ if they can do it. Thanks