so did a a deal on these style 5 wheels, I will run these on the e36 for the summer, i know they are a popular wheel but i always had a thing for them and they really look good on e36's plus you can customise them so much, they are fantastic condition already but i hate black rims, but the lips don't have one single mark on them, after getting a few quotes to strip them and powder coat the centres i decided i will do mist of the work myself

so i got a my hands on a 10m 12 point socket and began to loosen the bolts, it was not difficult to be honest

after i had them all loose i used the ratchet and one nut and slightly screwed the nut back on and tapped each one of them out, a bit time consuming but to minimise any damage it was the best way

then i got a piece of wood and lay it across the face and after a few tries the face just popped out, i was worried this would take ages but luckily nothing seized up over time so happy days

so after getting the lips free from the bolts it was a good opportunity to give the lips another polish, i had a toll called the "ball buster that i had gotten from clean car before to do exhaust tips etc, it was perfect size for the lips,

also used a great metal polish called britemax which is top quality, i just the lip a few passes and it it really came up like a mirror

the plan with these is to rebuild using gold bolts ( the proper m7x30 splined ones) silver faces and the genuine red and gold 3d centre badges but they will be inserted into a BBS ~RS polished metal hex cap so should look good on the e36

by the way something that really inspired me was a video on youtube of a hellrot e36 that i think looks amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO23dor5lTI