Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: BMW Coding & Diagnostics

After a few weeks of carefully studying various threads on various forums and looking at youtube videos I've successfully managed to do the following coding;...... So far...

Battery replacement register including changing the AH rating.
    Digital speed in the cluster.
    Enable my Dension unit.
    Alarm chirp on lock and unlock, including the option in the iDrive
    Welcome lights fade on, ("soft_einschalten") dips, fogs, tail and number plate lights... including the option in the iDrive
    Third brake light force flashing... Although I have yet to confirm it this works.
    Reduced the 'fuel-reserve' level warning from quarter tank to one-eighth.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm_D View Post
    After a few weeks of carefully studying various threads on various forums and looking at youtube videos I've successfully managed to do the following coding;...... So far...

Battery replacement register including changing the AH rating.
    Digital speed in the cluster.
    Enable my Dension unit.
    Alarm chirp on lock and unlock, including the option in the iDrive
    Welcome lights fade on, ("soft_einschalten") dips, fogs, tail and number plate lights... including the option in the iDrive
    Third brake light force flashing... Although I have yet to confirm it this works.
    Reduced the 'fuel-reserve' level warning from quarter tank to one-eighth.
    That fuel reserve tweak sounds interesting, which module contains the coding for it?

Also how do you find the alarm chirp? I’ve mine enabled and many people have commented on how loud it is

Jd

Quote Originally Posted by John_D View Post
    That fuel reserve tweak sounds interesting, which module contains the coding for it?

Also how do you find the alarm chirp? I’ve mine enabled and many people have commented on how loud it is

Jd
    Fuel Tank Reserve Warning; Kombi module- Tank_Schwelle_Reserve; Set to wert_01 to have the fuel reserve show up at 1/8 full rather than 1/4.

No one has commented on the volume of the chip.... yet anyway.
    Last edited by Colm_D; 01-01-18 at 17:05.

Hi lads, has anyone recently looked into the ability to code different default DDC settings at startup on F80/82? This previously wasnt possible so just wondering if it has changed recently, all expert opinions most welcome.

(long thread on topic here http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1048807 )

BMWHaus Contributor
    Firstly Fraser is there something you need to post pics of

I looked into this a lot and the answer is no, still no way to change the default driving modes on startup. I had the Europe coding expert code my car recently and he said he is asked all the time and thats its currently not a changeable setting on the car. You can easily code the start/stop function to be off by default or default to the last setting used. I did that.

I dont know why they default to sport suspension, efficient throttle, efficient gear change, and sport steering. It seems an odd setting, but because its sort of a half way position you usually only two or three button presses away from whatever you want. I set M1 to fully sport plus and m2 to fully comfort. I assume that the defaults are there for engine warmup reasons and to ensure that test drivers dont bin bin the car immediately, starting in sport plus on cold tyres can be hairy.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

LOL! Maybe...... I have a deposit on a UK F80, but we'll see if it all works out. My previous 335d was super powerful, but the shite handling and DPF issues were too much so it went, I then did a full 180 and got an e250 CDI coupe, super super boring, it cost literally nothing to run too, but the engine is a complete dog, I dont like the golf-club image, its just not me, and I missed the power, if I had bought the e350 I wouldnt be changing, but its nearly sold and a pretty subtle/lowkey F80 is nearly bought.

Thanks a mill for the update on the coding, really appreciate it, I expected this answer but just wanted to check. Ill get the auto wing mirror folding coded (maybe rebelranter will be available) and Ill leave it at that I reckon.

Any advice? things to watch out for? do's and dont's? Do you have a tracker? real MPG? I would love real world feedback. Cheers!

BMWHaus Guru
    Sure, I do need to get time to rebuild my kit though, been up the walls with work and not getting much done.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Great news, The M4 makes the 335d look like a lazy slug performance wise you will be very happy.

What to watch out for...not much, there are few issues. Make sure the air con works properly. Check for bumper scuffs at the front its very low. Make sure the HUD is the coloured version, if its B&W its old and needs software updating. Make sure the M logos in the seats light up properly. Tyres are always an issue, Check it goes into reverse and out again properly if a DCT (if its slow its software again). DCT is fairly bullet proof. Like all BMW its very mileage sensitive and make sure the big services were done on schedule and oil changed properly. Bring a Carley and read the codes off the car.

Have you driven one already, its important to do so for comparison. The suspension should feel very tight and the steering heavy, there should be no vagueness at all. Ride is hard that ok but slackens off a lot on comfort.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

Cheers Moe. Its a 2015, only 25k miles, its just been through BMW approved used process with zero issues, all software up to date, aircon working fine. Appreciate the tips!

Hey, can anyone reset a FRM short circuit counter for me around the southeast?