Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW Coding & Diagnostics

BMWHaus Contributor

BMW Coding & Diagnostics

Estimated 15th August. They were expecting stock on Monday but pushed it back and could be pushed back again. I've been checking every day since last week

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: BMW Coding & Diagnostics

so ye can install it onto a modern laptop via usb and then its good to go? we have the old assed laptop with the serial port on it and its fierce slow but handy to have
    sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor

The guy made a nice installer and it is a breeze to install this. I wish I had that when I started coding, never heard of this until a few months ago. Been here a while though.

BMWHaus Contributor

Stock pushed back to 17th August

BMWHaus Guru

I had purchased a cable on its own and downloaded the needed software from the internet and had some help from a forum member (Thanks Mark!). But I really like the idea of the easy install process on past experience/headaches, although it was not as bad as some people seem to find it. I will be rebuilding the laptop soon and like the idea of a quick install, don't want to reimage from backup.

Sadly BMTechnic does not just sell the installer even though I had a cable that works 100%, so it means I would need to buy the package.

I am just curious how does BMTechnic prevent their software from being shared once purchased?

Also how do they keep the daten files up to date?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
    I had purchased a cable on its own and downloaded the needed software from the internet and had some help from a forum member (Thanks Mark!). But I really like the idea of the easy install process on past experience/headaches, although it was not as bad as some people seem to find it. I will be rebuilding the laptop soon and like the idea of a quick install, don't want to reimage from backup.

Sadly BMTechnic does not just sell the installer even though I had a cable that works 100%, so it means I would need to buy the package.

I am just curious how does BMTechnic prevent their software from being shared once purchased?

Also how do they keep the daten files up to date?
    When you purchase the package you get an e-mail with a licence key that activates the installer.

BMWHaus Guru

Seems BMTechnic has ceased trading based on some chatter on other forums.

Re: BMW Coding & Diagnostics

Bmw probably on there case ,afaik I know what there doing was illegal they could probably end up facing legal action

BMWHaus Guru

Gone the same way as SpaghettiCoder I'd say, pity. Www.bmwcables.co.uk seems to be still up & running, they also have a simplified install interface.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    Gone the same way as SpaghettiCoder I'd say, pity. Www.bmwcables.co.uk seems to be still up & running, they also have a simplified install interface.
    I only just ordered last Monday and opted for software download, so lucky I done the download as the links don't work now. Cable arrived also on Wednesday.

Sure hope the install, etc... runs smoothly now. :huh: