Thread: Another Road Tax Thread..

BMWHaus Contributor

Another Road Tax Thread..

Morning all,

So here's the story, the e34 is out of tax since the end of November, and I'm wondering what the situation is now with taxing her..

If I sell* her to a friend would he be stung with the back-tax or will he only have to pay from the date of ownership?

*car is not for sale

Sent from my magical talkie device

BMWHaus Contributor

Another Road Tax Thread..

He would only pay for time it's in his ownership so transfer and tax it and transfer it back!!!

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Another Road Tax Thread..

Yea its only from when he owns the car, hence the increase in people selling cars to friends in order to buy them back to avoid tax.

Is there ANY situation where a letter from garage omits owner from back taxing?? ANY situation????

Or is simply black and white now??

Have two cars which have been in garages for some time now and both are out of tax........

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Remote
    Yea its only from when he owns the car, hence the increase in people selling cars to friends in order to buy them back to avoid tax.

Is there ANY situation where a letter from garage omits owner from back taxing?? ANY situation????

Have two cars which have been in garages for some time now and both are out of tax........
    Declare them off the road Remote.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kceire

They need to be declared before they run out afaik Marcus's cars are out so he now needs to pay the tax :sad:

My question is, car is out of tax next week, its going off the road do I need to go tax office to do this or what form can I post into them?? If im posting it be registered mail so proof of dates etc

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: Another Road Tax Thread..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish

They need to be declared before they run out afaik Marcus's cars are out so he now needs to pay the tax :sad:

My question is, car is out of tax next week, its going off the road do I need to go tax office to do this or what form can I post into them?? If im posting it be registered mail so proof of dates etc
    Do it online

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hamish262001
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish

Do it online
    Wasn't aware this was set up, thanks Hamish.

Only issue is I don't have the pin for the tax, another stupid system, new owners should get one in the post when the car is sold to them without/nearly out of tax.

BMWHaus Contributor

Request new pin online also, they will email it to you straight away. Its actually a good set up

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hamish262001
    Request new pin online also, they will email it to you straight away. Its actually a good set up

WOW that was easy!! Done it all in less then 5 minutes...Thanks again Hamish didn't realise it was set up like that online

Also gave the option of every month after the minimum of 3, I though it was set up 3/6/9/12.

Just saved me 2 hours of my life