Thread: E36 small case lsd rebuild?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E36 small case lsd rebuild?

As above anyone know where I could get a e36 small case diff rebuilt and also a rough cost? Think the plates are half knackered in mine. Thanks in advance! 😎

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 small case lsd rebuild?

Seems to be a matter of debate lately to be honest. Have you asked either of the garages in the site sponsor sections?

Also very curious to know what ratio yours is and also where you may have picked it up as I have recently got my own one.

I havent will give it a go there thanks. said id see what people have to say first. thanks.

To the best of my knowledge its a 3.45 small case LSD. am i picked it up off a buddy of mine who was scrapping his e36. He never even had it fitted to his one.

Also have a medium case 3.15 LSD that i took out of my 328 but the front bolt mounting threads have been sheared out of the diff.

Have you got yours fitted? What do you make of it?

Mine will lock up grand doing a burnout etc but when throwing it out it locks then seems to unlock itself/ loosing the slide... im just guessing at the moment but i assume its the plates in the diff.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rusted86
    I havent will give it a go there thanks. said id see what people have to say first. thanks.

To the best of my knowledge its a 3.45 small case LSD. am i picked it up off a buddy of mine who was scrapping his e36. He never even had it fitted to his one.

Also have a medium case 3.15 LSD that i took out of my 328 but the front bolt mounting threads have been sheared out of the diff.

Have you got yours fitted? What do you make of it?

Mine will lock up grand doing a burnout etc but when throwing it out it locks then seems to unlock itself/ loosing the slide... im just guessing at the moment but i assume its the plates in the diff.
    Not fitted mine as yet being honest due to eh more pressing issues. Sounds like you have one the same as mine that came from Valdas originally. What you describe sounds about right.

If you're looking to off load the other one there's a wanted ad in parts section. Peter is looking for one.