Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack needed. ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Jack needed. ?

The garage put non run flat tires on the car and threw a space saver in the boot which im fine with because I hate run flats.

Anyway just realised there is no jack, what are people using ?

Was thinking of a small trolly jack but dont really want to be lugging it around in the boot especialy with it open like it is on the touring, although a small enough one might fit in the storage area under the floor

Do other BMW jacks suit ? ie e46, e39 etc

Its a joke that its not supplied, even the mini had a jack :@

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E91 Jack ?

Lol, its not surprising though. Has it got the jini compressor in the boot out of interest?

Check the underside of the sill and see what jack would duit best, Trolly jacks arent a great idea because they can flatten and damage the lower side of the sill and skirt.

BMWHaus Guru

No nothing at all.

Im going to get a compressor and tire weld kit to have instead of the space saver but just need a jack as ill be taking the wheels off regurally.

I have seen I can get little adaptors for trollie jacks to stop them damaging the sills.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Jack needed. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackers
    No nothing at all.

Im going to get a compressor and tire weld kit to have instead of the space saver but just need a jack as ill be taking the wheels off regurally.

I have seen I can get little adaptors for trollie jacks to stop them damaging the sills.

Where did you find that?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackers
    No nothing at all.

Ebay. Loads of places on line sell them, I just googled "e91 jack" and they appeared

Where did you find that?

BMWHaus Guru

It looks like a standard jack would work.

Anyone got a spare jack ? e39 e46 etc

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E91 Jack needed. ?

According to realoem you can get one

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    According to realoem you can get one

A guy was selling that kit on E90 post the other day. I just have a jack in the side tray and a space saver in the boot tied down with the BMW cargo net.

The scissors jacks are handy out, there light, easy to store in the boot and arent as dangerous as the standard one legged ones, had a small trolley jack from halfords, cheap and so damn easy to use until it wasnt tied down properly and nearly went through my quarter in the boot while driving my old audi!!!

BMWHaus Guru

I was looking at the small halfords ones, I just dont want it in the boot because its open not closed in like a saloon.

If it fits in the storage hole i might get one.