Thread: Small bits of rust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Small bits of rust

Hi guys, what's the best way to fix these small bits of rust. I reckon they are a result of some stone chips. Do i need to get the whole panel repainted? I reckon that would look awful as the colour never matches, but to respray the car would cost a bomb.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RE: Small bits of rust

What about one of them smart repairs it would be a shame to paint whole areas for a spec I wonder can they just mask off the area and working on that small area

A smart repair would sort that out easily. If your any good at detailing you could have a go your self, done a few spots on one of my old cars and you would never know it was touched up

Edit: Not sure about the arch though, that could be a more serious case of rust

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kaveman
    Hi guys, what's the best way to fix these small bits of rust. I reckon they are a result of some stone chips. Do i need to get the whole panel repainted? I reckon that would look awful as the colour never matches, but to respray the car would cost a bomb.
    Pm Chris on here as far as I know he is doing similar with a smart repair kit?

I did a bit of searching, there seems to be a good few smart repair places around. I've also read that people recommend carcraft.ie but they don't mention smart repairs on their website. Seeing as they are probably the nearest/handiest place to me i will call in and see what they quote for it.

BMWHaus Guru

Here you go Mick

http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6912