Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: another new nct rule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Site Sponsor

another new nct rule

so have another new NCT rule ,no pass with retrofitted xenon lights :wink: or they should have washers as from factory

Re: another new nct rule

Great glad I kept my old bulbs now quick swap out once a year

One good thing it might stop morons from fitting them now

BMWHaus Guru

RE: another new nct rule

They should have washers - although there are some japanese cars apparently where xenons were fitted without them. Think the rule is there a good while - just being enforced by certain testers now. Last handbook is dated 2012.

"Where HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs are fitted switch on the headlights and check that cleaning devices such as headlamp
    wipers or high pressure water jets are present and work. Check where possible that the headlamp levelling device is working"

BMWHaus Contributor

Why though?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    Why though?
    Dirt on the lens can deflect the light into the oncoming traffic therefore they must have a means of being cleaned.

BMWHaus Guru

another new nct rule

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    They should have washers - although there are some japanese cars apparently where xenons were fitted without them. Think the rule is there a good while - just being enforced by certain testers now. Last handbook is dated 2012.

"Where HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs are fitted switch on the headlights and check that cleaning devices such as headlamp
    wipers or high pressure water jets are present and work. Check where possible that the headlamp levelling device is working"
    Yep, was only looking at a jap import E46 the other day. Had factory Xenons, self level adjuster but no washers.

Yeah there enforcing the rules now about them. Have done a few swaps back to normal halogen bulbs!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

think we will be soon on full european rules ,same as Germany ,no shite replica spoilers ,wheels,exhausts and so on :hehe!::tounge: only TUV approved stuff and main thing, less idiots with wrong xenon conversions

Administrator

Thats what caused her E46 to fail....has factory Xenons and the washers had been disconnected.
    They also failed it on no manual adjustment of the lights...the NCT tester said to the father in law that if the original lights are re-installed then there'd be no issue.

Valdas sorted the washers....so will see what is said on the re-test on Tuesday...re: the manual adjustment.... shouldn't have failed for it in the first place.

BMWHaus Contributor

another new nct rule

My last 3 cars have passed nct with hid fitted!!! In the last 3 years I've sent my bora/106gti/318is through with hids and they all passed!!!
    [hr]
    None of which had self leveling lights or headlight washers

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by m3 mick
    My last 3 cars have passed nct with hid fitted!!! In the last 3 years I've sent my bora/106gti/318is through with hids and they all passed!!!
    [hr]
    None of which had self leveling lights or headlight washers
    did U read even 2-3 posts of this thread ???? its from January 2014 only!!!!