Quote Originally Posted by Cbmwa
Quote Originally Posted by kceire
Guys, I picked up one of these recently and it comes with a plug and play radio harness and can bus etc but part of the installation calls for a particular wire to be connected directly to a particular fuse within the fuse box.

But I'm just wondering if these are universal fitting instructions and would the plug and play radio harness over rule the need to connect directly to the fuse box?

It's one of those dynavin style units.

Thanks.
Hi looking at getting one of these how easy was it to install was it plug and play like they say or was there more to it, trimming etc

Also how has the product been since purchase are you pleased with it? Do you have the vns e9x?

Does it stick out much at the bottom of the centre console?
It's plug and play 90%. There was one wire that needed to be sniped because it kept setting off the reverse screen. Something to do with the canbus box. The sellers done the trouble shooting in the back ground and just mailed me what to do and what colour to cut.

It sticks out about 1cm at the bottom but they all do to get the angle on the screen to view it correctly.

It works 99% perfect. It's not oem so there are some little bugs here and there but it plays DVD movies, music streaming etc without a bother and Bluetooth hands free calling no issues. Say nav is handy they you also have iPod and SD media inputs and all controllable from the MFSW.

All in all I'd give it a 7/10.
I'm an oem guy so I'm not convinced about keeping it so showing a fla it tomorrow to sell it on.

Theres a pic of it fitted here http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=2380