Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M52B25 E36 Brake Suggestions?

BMWHaus Guru

M52B25 E36 Brake Suggestions?

Will probably need to replace discs/pads in the near future so question is oem or aftermarket? Any recommendations?

Will consider anything but must be something of good quality as I don't want any aspect of this car to let it down - especially brakes!!!

I don't want something that costs an absolute fortune either though... Have to be realistic here.

I know the original brakes are very good and I've never felt like I needed bigger/better brakes. But with m50 manifold and exhaust installed and maybe a couple of more performance mods in the future, might be good to upgrade brakes now while I'm at it.

So with the above in mind, any ideas?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: M52B25 E36 Brake Suggestions?

Black diamond - Super4

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Black diamond - Super4
    That's what I had in mind alright, especially since he is looking after the car thought of the drilled and grooved option.

But there's very little online about them and just wanted to hear about people's experiences as well as alternatives and prices and so on.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Black diamond - Super4
    That's what I had in mind alright, especially since he is looking after the car thought of the drilled and grooved option.

But there's very little online about them and just wanted to hear about people's experiences as well as alternatives and prices and so on.
    Don't go drilled. Can be prone to cracking issues. Grooved by itself should be good for the power you have and maybe also upgrade the fluid, pads and go for stainless lines.

BMWHaus Guru

Heard that about the drilled alright, would like to know if it's a myth though or has anybody first hand experience with this?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Heard that about the drilled alright, would like to know if it's a myth though or has anybody first hand experience with this?
    Brother had them on an evo and yes does happen :crying:

Some help maybe

http://www.ate-na.com/www/ate_us_en/themes/20_ate_brake_products/brake_fluid/bf_info_us.html

http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/?gclid=CPiim87Wy7wCFcKx2wodU1YAJg

BMWHaus Contributor

M52B25 E36 Brake Suggestions?

I had drilled crack on a 106gti go for dimpled they don't crack!!

BMWHaus Guru

Guys I'm still not sorted and still undecided so hence the thread revival. Can anybody recommend brakes? Good quality upgrade that doesn't cost a fortune? I know black diamond are good but I don't like that they're matte black. I'm childish and want the big shiny discs behind the wheels.. seriously though, any recommendations? What are mintex like?

Another thing, might be going down a supercharger route in the future, so would be nice if I can get the brakes sorted once and for all now. If it is gonna be a fortune though to fit brakes to stop 300bhp or so, I can fit regular brakes now (based on your suggestions) and put off the big brakes till I'm actually going ahead with the supercharger.

Will m54 330/530 brakes fit there 324mm discs or e36 m3 brakes think you might need hubs for this

Ate performance discs look cool

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Will m54 330/530 brakes fit there 324mm discs or e36 m3 brakes think you might need hubs for this

Ate performance discs look cool
    e39 brakes is completely different story,so dont mix with 3 series :wink:

E46 330i brakes will bolt on on non M3 e36 . M3 brakes needs M3 hubs ,,so e46 discs with good tires are very good bolt on set up.and i can guarantee that they are definitely enough for 300hp fast road car