Thread: E46 Bluetooth/IPhone options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E46 Bluetooth/IPhone options

As per title what do people recommend to suit the above. Car is a 03 E46 with the CD head unit and no boot changer. Would like to combine both Bluetooth and aux input within the same unit.

I had the Parrot 9200 which was ok and have the Grom audio setup with the Bluetooth dongle in my 00 E46. The Grom Bluetooth isn't great as the dongle is hidden in the boot but that's my own fault.

So what's the options?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E46 Bluetooth/IPhone options

If you still have the Grom kit, I would suggest you to install it up front.
    When I install them in the trunk (OEM satnav carsonly) I always remove the back seat in order to fit the BT dongle in the B or C pillar. Works well.
    Too far out when left over in the trunk alright.

Or if you do not have it anymore, I have the new model here that I just received yesterday, BT3, same device but with BT module included in it, so it is a bit cheaper too. 160 euros supplied. Mic included. Streams music too.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    When I install them in the trunk (OEM satnav carsonly) I always remove the back seat in order to fit the BT dongle in the B or C pillar. Works well.

Or if you do not have it anymore, I have the new model here that I just received yesterday, BT3, same device but with BT module included in it, so it is a bit cheaper too. 160 euros supplied. Mic included. Streams music too.
    Yeah I still have the Grom kit in the 00 E46 and yeah need to move the dongle into the car somewhere.

Pm me a price of just supplying the Grom kit you have, I can fit it myself.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC

Yeah I still have the Grom kit in the 00 E46 and yeah need to move the dongle into the car somewhere.

it is 160 supplied only
    Cheers

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC

it is 160 supplied only
    Cheers
    Sorry I read that wrong, yeah no probs. I will be in touch.

BMWHaus Guru

E46 Bluetooth/IPhone options

Any other suggestions folks?

BMWHaus Contributor

I have media bridge installed in my e39 using the cd changer cable in the boot http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/...ridge-info-avx