Thread: 2003 Alpine White e39 525i M Sport - 67k miles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2003 Alpine White e39 525i M Sport - 67k miles

Here we have for sale my 2003 BMW e39 525i Automatic finished in the beautiful and rare Alpine White. The car is in what I consider to be very good condition, not perfect but very good for the cars age. You will struggle to find an e39 in Ireland or England in similar condition with as good a spec and with as low miles as this - She is a fine car, drives so well and does not feel even close to her age... I’ve yet to see a nicer example.
    The car is a Japanese import and was imported into the country by Damien Doyle of Knocklyon Motors back in April 2011, she had just 43k miles on her at the time. I bought the car of Damien in June 2011 and have had her since. The car currently has 67k miles on her.
    In my ownership I have had any work done to the car that I was advised she needed and I have spent a small fortune keeping her in the condition that she is in.
    The car has always been serviced by site sponsors here or well-known independents starting off briefly with Beemer Chris from Sandyford Autos (the old 3Rock business) then Conor Healy @ Scullys and for the last year Gary Doyle from Chelmsford Motors in Ranelagh.

Car spec:
    • 2003 E39 genuine M Sport with 67k miles
    • 525i 2.5L petrol 189BHP M54 engine
    • Black Nappa extended leather no rips or tears in very good condition
    • Extended leather on door panels, centre console trim and also front arm rest is full leather
    • Electric front sport seats with 3 stage driver’s memory
    • 3 stage Heated front seats (added by myself using OEM loom and buttons)
    • Piano black interior trim
    • Electric heated and folding door mirrors and left mirror dips when in reverse
    • Automatic anti-dazzle dip rear view and wing mirrors
    • Electric sunroof
    • High OBC system
    • Dual Zone aircon
    • HI-FI Speaker system - sounds much better than the standard system, has a dedicated amp and additional speakers in the rear doors 10 speakers in total.
    • Upgraded the original 16:9 display to a powerful 1.2ghz Andrive system 6 months ago (still under warranty) at a cost of £600 (Andrive.co.uk) car has full up to date working GPS using Sygic (or whatever GPS Android app you use) via Android 4.0.4 operating system, comes with a remote control, has in dash DVD player and Bluetooth phone capabilities for hands free calls as well as Ipod and USB connectivity and WI-FI so you tether to a smart phone to d/l your own apps. The unit has 4GB memory on board and also comes with a 16GB external SD card for movies, music etc and the unit is fully touch screen.
    • Professionally installed automatic reverse camera.
    • 18" Style 37 M Parallel wheels with Continental Sport Contact 3 all round - Car originally came with style 66 wheels but I purchased the M Parras from Chris from the detailing shed. Roughly 4-5mm of thread left per tyre.
    • 5k HID Xenon kit - Car will be sold without the HID Kit installed but I will bundle the kit in with the car - takes 10 mins to fit, I will also include a second set of brand new Xenon bulbs - only removed due to NCT failing HID kits.

Service history:
    In the 2.5 years of my ownership has had the following work done:
    • 2011 BeemerChris - 3Rock motors: oil and filter change, aircon regassed and gearbox oil change done.
    • 2012 Conor Healy - Scullys Clontarf: PCV changed, Engine thermostat changed, Fuel pump changed, Full inspection II including oil, air and fuel filters, all belts changed, rear anti roll bar links and front thrust arms changed, various pipes and hoses relating to the air intake system.
    • 2013 Gary Doyle - Chelmsford Motors Ranelagh: In 2012 the Car had what appeared to be an air leak and was continuously reporting that it was "running lean" according to diagnostics. Practically all the pipes and hoses associated with the air/fuel system have been changed out - Conor Healy can verify this. I had a smoke test done on the car in 2013 by George Dalton and the car had/has ZERO air leaks but still the errors would log every couple of miles. Gary Doyle helped me identify the issue was actually related to the MAF sensor so I changed this myself and the car has had Zero errors since – no errors or warning lights are lit. Gary also carried out an oil and filter as well as coolant change change. Car currently has 3 lights left so isn't due a service for another couple of months yet.
    • The car came with a 2 year NCT and flew through the NCT in April 2013. The car just passed her NCT today (27/02/14) so she comes with a full 13 month NCT.
    • Installed a new battery 3 months back.
    • ABS module refurbished last year.
    • Car will come with 2 new front splash guards.

The bad bits:
    • I do not have the service history or service book for the car prior to being imported to Ireland so the first 43k miles of service history are unfortunately unknown. To be honest due to the condition of the car and how it drove this didn't bother me too much - Damien Doyle is a very honest guy to deal with so I bought the car on condition and I knew if I had any issues he would take care of me.
      If you are interested in this car then you will also partly have to buy on condition due to the reason stated above but you will see receipts for all the work I have had carried out on the car during my ownership all of which can be verified by the aforementioned mechanics above.
    • The car has a surface scratch on the driver’s door and also the driver wing mirror is slightly cracked - both of these issues can easily be fixed, I also have a replacement mirror housing to replace the racked wing mirror I just never got around to painting and fitting it but I will include this with the car. There are no other scratches or dings on the body and the bonnet and bumpers have practically no stone chips.
    • The wheels could do with a refurb as there are some kerb marks. I was going to get the wheels done @ Lester Engineering before my reason for selling but was undecided as to what finish I wanted.
    • Regarding the interior there is a 1cm sized blemish on driver’s seat - unknown what caused it but hardly noticeable.

Summary:
    I love this car and the only reason I am selling is because I have found and purchased an e60 which has won my heart over. I never thought that an e60 would take my fancy over an e39 but the options list is crazy on this new car - watch this space
    Everyone comments on this car and I genuinely mean that.. It is so rare to see in white and looks fantastic if you keep her clean. She is kept safe at home in the underground car park and also she is left in the underground at work during the day. I have her hand washed every second Saturday by 2 of my local lads in Dundrum and that generally keeps her looking great unless the weather has been crap but that's the nature of the beast owning a white car in somewhere like Ireland unfortunately.
    Like I said before you will find it very difficult to find such a rare colour, low mileage late model e39 sport in this condition inside and out that still pulls as she should and with a very nice list of options. The car drives and feels much younger than her age and would be perfect for someone who is planning to keep it for a number of years due to the mileage on her.

My asking price is €5995 ONO and I think this is very fair due to her condition and the work that has been carried out. I would love to see her go to someone who will continue taking care of her - I will post the add here and also on BMW-Driver.net and then later on Donedeal etc if it doesn't sell - I really don't want to have to put the car up on Donedeal however!

The car currently has 7 months of tax (sept 14) left which is worth over €500 and a fresh 13 month NCT.

If you are interested please give me a call (087 7578726) but I will pre-warn you while I am prepared to negotiate on the price for the right person please don't call if you are planning to make a silly offer for the car.
    If you want to drive the car that is no problem as long as your insurance is valid and sufficiently covers my car.

I will take some updated pics over the next few days once she is washed just to be fair. To be honest the only major difference between these pics and how she looks now is there is now an Andrive system installed as opposed to the Dynavin unit you see in the pics and also I have removed the phone cradle that used to sit in front of the gearshift.

Thanks for viewing my add ?
    Attached Images Attached Images