This belongs to DJC Dec. Great little car has had plenty of goodies added since his ownership and this was one of the final things on the list was to tidy it up. Its a clean little car to start, very little in the way of swirls but a few deeper marks on flat panels (roof, bonnet)

So was handed the car and basically just let do what I wanted to it. Nice people have that trust in me :surprised:

The car hasn't been washed since the last track day it done back in September? I think...

Pulled this off a front wheel...

Some Acid Free wheel cleaner applied, this was to get the majority of the dirt off, plan was to rotate the front/rear wheels so better chance to clean them then.

Snow foam lance has been clogged up of late, got a chance to clean it out looking abit better now...This was after 4 mins or so

This shows how good snow foam can be, car was foamed twice with the amount of crud on it plus it went around all the shuts and petrol cap etc so refoamed it after that, hard to see and pictures doesn't do it justice but the bit in the middle is unrinsed, lower sill was fully rinsed and above was trim also rinsed

As expected, after 3/4 track days the car was due to be covered in tar and it didn't disappoint Even the glass at the reear needed to be detarred and then clayed!!

Car was clayed and taken inside to get cracking on the polishing...

Some general befores

The rear bumper was replaced last year and had to be painted, while it was in the bodyshop cracked open their MOP and destroyed the 2 rear sides of the car, had been annoying Dec for months

Funny thing is they do good work, colour match is good as is the finish to the paint:

But they need to stop the hard machine polishing, this is the little strip on the back bumper, more signs of reckless polishing

And some more polishing damage...

Fixed

Before:

After:

Afters:

Bonnet

Rear driver side before and after:

Front wing, not done here but looking sharp

Onto debadging, easy job with the right tools but too many tools make a mess of it.

How it ended up coming off, 2 x 1 piece's

All that was left after the removal, not bad most of the rest peeled off too

To leave this

Cracked open the steam cleaner, didn't want to be rubbing this ingrained dirt and grit causing more damage

After this the rest was carefully removed and then clayed ready to be polished the next day..

Finished product

Exhaust didn't clean up great, very tight to the bumper didnt help but non the less a lot sharper.

The other big thing getting to Dec was the headlights, we done a job on the last year but was quick and not good enough so spent over 2 hours on them today getting them looking better. Didn't actually think I was going to get time to do these so end up doing them at the end of the polishing, not the best way to do them but it wasn't on the cards to start, just meant I had to take the car out a foam it a couple of times today in that storm :surprised:

Started 600,800,1200,1500,2000,2500,3000,6000 then 3 stages of polioshing...Didn't want to leave anything to chance, bit of overkill but either this or replacements for Dec.

Before:

All sanding done..

And polished back up

Driver side done same way

Foamed just as the storm hit, half hour later I wouldn't of got outside the shed Applied the glass sealant before bringing it out, foam cant even sit on the glass

So with the storm, the car didn't get the chance to leave the shed for afters! Will be back in soon enough so will get some proper shots then but for now, here goes!

Thanks for looking