Thread: AVA 265s on an e36?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

AVA 265s on an e36?

Hi folks, anybody see these on an e36?

I'm looking into super concave / super dishy wheels that are in e36 offset / size and nothing much is coming up.

I know Alloy-wheels.ie are selling the AVAs - and they look amazing on the likes of f30s (see video below with similar wheels) but there isn't a single photo anywhere on the internet (that I could find) of them on an e36.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvCRNS7_NO8

They also come in 18" minimum, which with the lowest profile tyre available will still result in a 547mm total wheel diameter vs 518.9 oem and I really don't want to spoil handling / acceleration / promote wear on anything etc but having said that I currently have a total wheel diameter of 533.05 and don't notice a difference.

Anyway, anybody have a photo of them on an e36 or want to help a brother very much lacking in photoshop skills (and photoshop) and do a quick one for me? Would be much appreciated.

My car (on its' old wheels):

RE: AVA 265s on an e36?

I was wondering myself what they would look like on an e39.you see any amount of e60 with them and they look well imo.can you get them in 3series offsets though?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Yep

http://www.avawheels.com/products_inside.asp?ID=WTLZTMW4RRH9S7EQCPEH

Can be got in ET 15-45

Just can't imagine what they'd look like on an e36!!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Yep

http://www.avawheels.com/products_inside.asp?ID=WTLZTMW4RRH9S7EQCPEH

Can be got in ET 15-45

Just can't imagine what they'd look like on an e36!!
    Photoshop?

BMWHaus Guru

From personal experience, I had 18" ACS Type 2 reps on 2 e36's and although I thought they would suit them and look well, they ended up looking pretty pants on them, they were a square set up but had a slight concave being the rim they were mimicking but they were literally too big for the e36. 17" is the only diameter I'd run on e36 now, just me personally!

The AVAs are a nice looking rim, and square up front concave rears would be cool..... but for me it would have to be in 17" with a prokit fitted!

BMWHaus Guru

As above, no photoshop skills or photoshop. Hoping a good samaritan will help a brother out with a rough one for me...

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    As above, no photoshop skills or photoshop. Hoping a good samaritan will help a brother out with a rough one for me...
    Is there not a photoshop thread? Maybe start one? Also there is one on driver afaik.

BMWHaus Guru

Yea normally I'm the same, just seems that all the "good 17" wheels" concave/dished are crazy low offsets. Any recommendations?

They'd be alright if the centre was a little bit larger, looks like a very minimal amount of material there. The concave is awesome on them though

BMWHaus Guru

I love concave! Really outageous concave though