Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Tax Renewal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Motor Tax Renewal

Guys, the tax is out on the car since Dec. Now I obviously wont have to pay arrears as I only just bought the car. How do i go about renewing the tax? Do I need to fill out the form and get the gardai to stamp it then go to the tax office or can I do this online?

BMWHaus Guru

Motor Tax Renewal

Afaik you should be able to do it online once the change of ownership has gone through.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Motor Tax Renewal

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    Afaik you should be able to do it online once the change of ownership has gone through.
    I had to send in a RF100 I think. You'll also be liable for tax on the car from the month it changed ownership, so if you bought it last week, you'll have to pay for the full month of feb
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Contributor

Once its been transferred into your name and you've received the log book go to the PIN retrieval page here.

As said earlier you will be liable for tax from the month the transfer of ownership occurred.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

when U buy the car ,u have 10 days to decide ,pay tax for it or get of the road .

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Guys, the tax is out on the car since Dec. Now I obviously wont have to pay arrears as I only just bought the car. How do i go about renewing the tax? Do I need to fill out the form and get the gardai to stamp it then go to the tax office or can I do this online?
    Every time I got the log book I just wandered into the tax office and paid up from the transferred date - but the PIN retrieval post above seems a bit more...... educated :surprised:

You are not liable for the tax prior to your ownership so should be no need to visit the boys in blue.

BMWHaus Guru

Cheers lads. Whenever I get the logbook i'll just go for the pin retrieval and if that doesn't work i'll just head into the tax office...

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Cheers lads. Whenever I get the logbook i'll just go for the pin retrieval and if that doesn't work i'll just head into the tax office...
    How long does it take to get the logbook?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon

How long does it take to get the logbook?

It took 5 working days. Got it yesterday and pin retrieval worked immediately!

BMWHaus Guru

Motor Tax Renewal

Pin retrieval worked for us when we bought the missus' car, it's fairly instant too.