Thread: e60 parking sensors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

e60 parking sensors

i have the msport bumpers with pdc and all , will the loom on my car have the pdc sockets or do i have to retrofit the whole loom from the bumper to car itself ? other than the button and pdc module and coding of course what else is left ?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: e60 parking sensors

i'l answer this myself , NO the car is not prewired for pdc

Buddy of mine bought a kit on adverts cost him twenty quid worked perfect and they were nice neat little sensors aftermarket could be the way to go they even sounded like the originals very simple to fit too

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Buddy of mine bought a kit on adverts cost him twenty quid worked perfect and they were nice neat little sensors aftermarket could be the way to go they even sounded like the originals very simple to fit too
    yeah but i had the bumpers with oem sensors so that's the only reason i wanted them to work , not that i need them but hate to know that they re there and not doing nothing

These fit perfectly into the e39 pdc slots but I think the e60 sensors are a good smaller are they ? Im not too familiar with them

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    These fit perfectly into the e39 pdc slots but I think the e60 sensors are a good smaller are they ? Im not too familiar with them
    might be , another problem is that lci and pre lci pdc sensors are not the same size and i don't know what kind of bumpers i put on mine ( lci or pre lci):sad:

Not had much look finding a kit but did find this to fill the holes they do make a good point too you could always make the hole slightly larger

http://forums.5series.net/e60-discussion-2/aftermarket-pdc-fit-oem-bumper-holes-119550/