Thread: Tuning box instead of Remap

Tuning box instead of Remap

As the thread says,im interested to know is anyone running a chip tuning box at the moment,my problem is my car is 2011 lci which can not be flashed in the usual way,i was down with Martin in autoremap.ie who couldn't have been more helpful and he explained that bmw have made this new ecu tamper proof so you need to actually remove the ecu and open it up to do anything with it,now he and i didn't fancy that at all so my only other choice is a tuning box,so i would like to hear from any members using or know of anyone using one.
    Thanks in advance molloye92
    Current:
    2011 e92 320d m sport

Previous:
    2008 e60 530d m sport
    2006 e60 523i m sport
    2004 x5 3.0d sport
    2003 e46 m3
    2000 e46 325i m sport

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: Tuning box instead of Remap

Only experience I have with them is one from eBay - que the flaming lol - the father bought one for his 04 TDCi Focus called 'The Italian Box' which genuinely gave him increased torque and fuel economy as it said on the tin! It plugged in betweem the MAF and wiring loom. I'm in no way able to guarantee it or any eBay tuninh boxes, but it does do what it says on the tin!

Sent from my magical talkie device

RE: Tuning box instead of Remap

I got a Chip Express chip 5 years ago and no trouble since . big difference in power, they are expensive but would highly recommend it.

http://www.chipexpress.com/

Thanks lads,if im gonna go down that road i think I'll get Martin to get me one...
    Current:
    2011 e92 320d m sport

Previous:
    2008 e60 530d m sport
    2006 e60 523i m sport
    2004 x5 3.0d sport
    2003 e46 m3
    2000 e46 325i m sport

BMWHaus Contributor

It ain't BMW but I've one in my Landcruiser the last 6years without any trouble ! It has 3 different settings.

Serious torque gained too :happy: