• Audi

5 50.00%
  • Mercedes

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TotD - Audi or Merc? - CLOSED

BMWHaus Guru

TotD - Audi or Merc? - CLOSED

So then, we all know we love our BMs, but it'd be interesting to know what the second favourite company is between these two

BMWHaus Guru

RE: TotD - Audi or Merc?

wow theres a question...

both in normal form (no rs amg etc) are pretty boring and poorly made imo but when you get to RS (not tdi badged ones ) and AMG it gets intereresting, R8 and SLR McLarens....another league...

Still not sure, probably 60% Audi 40% Merc...

BMWHaus Guru

I have never owned an audi but i find they bland inside, although I would like a TT.

I loved the CLK I had before the e39 and have been close to buying alot if other merc models over the years, and being perfectly honest there are a lot more mercedes models I prefer to even the BMW equivalent :blush:

BMWHaus Guru

I've only every had 1 audi it was the 2.5 v6 tdi 180bhp quattro, in my opinion it was a beautifully finished car and I would certainly buy another. It was definitely better finished than an M sport e46.

BMWHaus Guru

Merc due to more rwd models :dodgy:

Mercedes for me, I can't stand Audi/VW but I don't mind Skoda. I just think Audi/VW are overpriced and have become too felt spec whereas I'v never seen a TDi VRS with Powerflow exhaust and replica wheels?

I love W202s (Mid 90s C-Class) and my Dad has had an '04 S320 for the last 7 years.

BMWHaus Guru

Those W202s are great. A C43 wagon is the used performance car bargain out there at the minute IMO

BMWHaus Contributor

Was never really sold on either tbh, breifly toyed with the idea of a cl600 bi turbo last year but that's it.

For me the amount of tdi rs4's going about have seriously made me never want a genuine rs4.

BMWHaus Guru

Mercedes for me.

I despise all thing VAG with a passion! Well maybe not despise as thats a very strong word but lets just say I dont like them. lol

They talk about people buying the lower range BMW's just to get the badge well for an Audi, in my opinion, what are you getting if its not just the Audi badge??? I would say 80% of the Audi range can be replicated across the other VAG brands.

Old Audi's are cool. I sat in Marlows Audi thing-a-ma-bob (real expert me) and it was very cool and quirky.

But the sytling of the new cars is woeful. Bland as plain sliced pan. And dont get me started on those feckin daytime running lamp eyebrow things. :@:@:@

And as for the RS models well, yes, they do straight lines very well but they're always playing catchup and can never match BMW's performance. They have been bolting on turbo's for years just to keep up with us and now we have went with turbo's to improve economy and emmisions, what are they going to do now???

Nope. Definately not an Audi for me. lol

There are quite a few Mercedes that I would like to own.

I touched a Brabus SL 6.0 the other week and nealry went weak at the knees!

BMWHaus Contributor

John that last line sounds so perverted on soooo many levels lol