Quote Originally Posted by God
    John that last line sounds so perverted on soooo many levels lol
    Dont care.

It was a Brabus! lol

BMWHaus Guru

TotD - Audi or Merc?

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    Mercedes for me.

I despise all thing VAG with a passion! Well maybe not despise as thats a very strong word but lets just say I dont like them. lol

They talk about people buying the lower range BMW's just to get the badge well for an Audi, in my opinion, what are you getting if its not just the Audi badge??? I would say 80% of the Audi range can be replicated across the other VAG brands.

Old Audi's are cool. I sat in Marlows Audi thing-a-ma-bob (real expert me) and it was very cool and quirky.

But the sytling of the new cars is woeful. Bland as plain sliced pan. And dont get me started on those feckin daytime running lamp eyebrow things. :@:@:@

And as for the RS models well, yes, they do straight lines very well but they're always playing catchup and can never match BMW's performance. They have been bolting on turbo's for years just to keep up with us and now we have went with turbo's to improve economy and emmisions, what are they going to do now???

Nope. Definately not an Audi for me. lol

There are quite a few Mercedes that I would like to own.

I touched a Brabus SL 6.0 the other week and nealry went weak at the knees!
    Its not true of all the audi's John.

The B5 RS4 was out before the e46 m3 and that car put out nearly 400bhp from a ground up cosworth developed 2.7 twin turbo engine, its not like the bolted the K04's onto an existing engine, I would love one and it would probably be my choice over an e46 m3.

Same story for the B7 RS4 and the C6 RS6, the B7 RS4 was out before the e92 m3 and for me would be a tempting alternative and I can honestly say I would have the C6 RS6 Avant over the E61 M5 Touring.

You're right about playing catchup with the likes of the c5 rs6, that was just an iteration of their existing 4.2 with some turbo's bolted on, in saying that its difficult to argue with the figures, the c5 is a savage car for covering distance effortlessly and I see the appeal but I wouldn't have one, despite the massive power difference I think the e39 is a far better car.

Merc, BMW and Audi's for me are all great car with differences that are largely subjective.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: TotD - Audi or Merc?

Were Cosworth involved in the C5 RS6 too? Plus it looked feckin cool in Layer Cake!

BMWHaus Guru

TotD - Audi or Merc?

Want a nice RS4 previously owned by gangsters?

http://kellys2006.webzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/RS4/2.7-QUATTRO/37313727097753410/

BMWHaus Contributor

TotD - Audi or Merc?

Gangsters?
    Price is not too bad is it?
    Haven't been following them in a long time.

BMWHaus Guru

TotD - Audi or Merc?

Drug dealers who were gunned down. Car had sent pretty much since. Their dad had brought it in from the uk.

BMWHaus Contributor

TotD - Audi or Merc?

Wow that's some history alright.

I thought you meant that you had owned it at first [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

BMWHaus Guru

TotD - Audi or Merc?

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Were Cosworth involved in the C5 RS6 too? Plus it looked feckin cool in Layer Cake!
    You're right, they were. Don't get me wrong it's a cool car but its let down by its chocolate gearbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2