Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car colour or just blind ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Car colour or just blind ?

I have had a white passat as replacement car for the last 2 weeks, since getting it I have noticed that a lot of people have been just driving out in front of me at junctions and roundabouts allot more than usual, on a few occasions I have had to really slam on the breaks to avoid ploughing into them.

I can only guess that the white colour that is maybe less noticeable or something ?
    Or else it's just a fluke that I met a lot of bad drivers at once.

Has anyone else ever noticed this in different coloured cars. ?

Just curious as it's happening every day since I got the car.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Car colour or just blind ?

When I go out in my white e36, I notice the opposite.... Most people tend to move out of my way! I just thought it was a case of they would see a white car in the distance and assume it's the cops or something! In my black e92 I seem to just blend in! Probably notice more of what you said, in the black car!!

BMWHaus Guru

It just seems to be happening to me in the passat, maybe it's the car, they have more respect for the BMW

BMWHaus Contributor

Funnily enough, in class yesterday (Phase 4 Apprentice Mechanic) we were covering safety systems and in the notes it said statistically white and silver cars are most likely to crash in the daytime and black or navy cars are most likely to crash at night. Something to do with sky colour/reflection causing mild invisibility

Sent from my magical talkie device

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev
    Funnily enough, in class yesterday (Phase 4 Apprentice Mechanic) we were covering safety systems and in the notes it said statistically white and silver cars are most likely to crash in the daytime and black or navy cars are most likely to crash at night. Something to do with sky colour/reflection causing mild invisibility

I didn't really notice anything more than the usual in the silver e39 but it's definitely something about that passat
    And I always drove with my dipped lights on so that would make me even more obvious.
    Strange one

BMWHaus Guru

I dunno, my car is dark blue and people still manage to pull out in front of me and cross into my lane etc... I'd like to think colour was just coincidence but ya never know.

BMWHaus Contributor

Either that or people in your area really hate Passats

I think it more to do with a car than color. When I had my e63 everyone respected me more than I had my Prius.

BMWHaus Guru

The thing is, we already have a grey passat and dont have the same issue that i have noticed.

Anyway its going back today so I only have to avoid the muppets for another few hours

BMWHaus Guru