Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any one know this e46

BMWHaus Contributor

Any one know this e46

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-high-spec-full-leather/6457016

Having sold my e36 318is I'm now carless!! So gonna look at this at lunch time.. Know quite a bit about e36s but not that well up on the e46!!
    But that seems to have some nice extras and a very good price if it is as good as it looks!!!
    Cheers
    Mick

BMWHaus Contributor

Any one know this e46

What's gonna be the difference between the twincam 318is engine and the one that's in the e46?? As in will the 46 be mental slow

Re: Any one know this e46

Having driven both, the m44 kicks the 8v m43 right in the nuts I think your mad to change from the Is to the ci its definitely going to be slower heavier car with less horseys but it will still be grand for overtaking and such

John d and healy c both have good knowledge of this engine/car id wait for them to chime in

BMWHaus Contributor

Any one know this e46

Hmmm I didn't think of the 8v single cam when I organised the viewing!!! Sure ill have a look and decide later.
    as not fast as the is was I don't think I could go any slower!!!

RE: Any one know this e46

It be worth adding the early e46 320i to your list there a saloon but had a 150bhp i6 engine and 2.0 tax most came with a tech 1 sport kit is well

BMWHaus Guru

I'd say if it's an M43TUB19 powered 46 avoid it like the plague as you would be paying same tax for less power... If you're going for a 4 cylinder it should surely be a 16v DOHC

Re: Any one know this e46

This could be a good buy

BMWHaus Contributor

Any one know this e46

Yea was gonna ring that for a look!! Their was a lovely purple individual 6pot e46 saloon up for a few days last week but the ad is removed now!!!!

BMWHaus Contributor

Any one know this e46

Or my other options are

I'll have a look for some more 6 pots to look at!! Was trying to get in touch with a bloke with a 2.2 e39 m sport that was advertised few weeks Ago but he never answered

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Having driven both, the m44 kicks the 8v m43 right in the nuts I think your mad to change from the Is to the ci its definitely going to be slower heavier car with less horseys but it will still be grand for overtaking and such

John d and healy c both have good knowledge of this engine/car id wait for them to chime in
    I'm selling my E46 M43 and Gar is spot on - The M43 unit was very solid for me , got good fuel economy and was great for daily driving but it is an under powered lump.