hello all, i have a few questions as to little things happening with my car....there all very small but im starting to loose my mind :surprised:
03 e46 320D 150bhp,
1. brand new break pads, the old ones weren't bad but were replaced anyway...problem: every time i break when the car is cold the breaks make a grind/crunch/rubbing metal noise! doesn't do it at speed only when i come to a stop! no sticky calipers of squeaking. the discs also seem to get rusty over night but don't seem to be warped :huh: ???
2. the very odd time dropping from 6th to 5th gear its kinda sticky! not crunchy at all and only happens the odd time....
was told its very common and not to worry.????
3. collected my car from the panel beaters about a month ago after getting rear bumper touched up and it had been sitting up there a week so when i collected it, it idled a bit off... at the usual but the needle was slightly moving up and down! i could here the odd idle from inside and outside the car... put this down to been cold and not started but it has happened 3 times since when started up cold and once while driving, almost like dirty diesel as it was a little sluggish and just cleared herself! perfect when hot doh???
4. slightest wobble in the steering wheel when i say slightest i mean very little but its annoying me! tracking is perfect, shes had all new coilovers, tyres, drop links and wishbones within the last 3 months and there is no play in the steering and is ok at certain speeds.....buckle im thinking???