Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Phone price plans

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Mobile Phone price plans

Looks like we have a winner.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
    I am using Tesco Mobile which uses the O2 network and am on the Clubcard Talk plan.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/conductyourplan.aspx

As I have a Tesco Clubcard for €15 a month I get the following (this costs €20 without a Clubcard):

1. Unlimited calls to any network and landlines
    2. UNLIMITED any network texts add-on (uses €10 of the €15 top-up)
    3. 1Gb 30 day DATA add-on (uses €5 of the €15 top-up)

Note: €5 in Tesco shopping vouchers also buys you a €15 Tesco top-up via their deals site.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/mobile.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    Looks like we have a winner.
    My missus signed up to this and seems a great deal, but I have heard that O2 are the network Tesco piggyback, and because of the deals Tesco can offer then O2 really slow down the data speeds somehow for Tesco customers as a way to keep their own customer base!

That said, I was seriously thinking of this option too and as far as I know, you can increase the data to 2gb if you go to €8.50, so the price only goes up by €3.50 on top of the deal you get!

Thats a great deal call and text wise good if your a very light user of internet a new smartphone would chew that up pretty rapidly with a few apps

Do tesco offer 4G now

BMWHaus Guru

Fella I know who would shop around for the best prices is with E mobile and rates it, im out of contract soon so be shopping about myself but 3 or E-mobile seem to be the ones to go for

Have heard horrors with Tesco mobile

BMWHaus Guru

Re: RE: Mobile Phone price plans

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    My missus signed up to this and seems a great deal, but I have heard that O2 are the network Tesco piggyback, and because of the deals Tesco can offer then O2 really slow down the data speeds somehow for Tesco customers as a way to keep their own customer base!

That said, I was seriously thinking of this option too and as far as I know, you can increase the data to 2gb if you go to €8.50, so the price only goes up by €3.50 on top of the deal you get!
    Yeah I think with a €20 top-up you can then get a 5GB data add-on for €10. Data for me is really a backup when out and about but I never notice slowness for anything I am doing. My daughter is on 48 who also use O2s network with a similar setup to Tesco and she never complains.

Its also nice that the clubcard holder can allow I think up to 3 family members to take advantage of the deal using their card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Thats a great deal call and text wise good if your a very light user of internet a new smartphone would chew that up pretty rapidly with a few apps

Do tesco offer 4G now
    Don't think they offer 4G yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Fella I know who would shop around for the best prices is with E mobile and rates it, im out of contract soon so be shopping about myself but 3 or E-mobile seem to be the ones to go for

Have heard horrors with Tesco mobile
    Its not hard to find horror stories about 3 or emobile either when reading around or chatting to people. Good news is though with some of the deals being offered you can change as you see the need, whether for a better deal or poor service. Most also offer free sims so you can try before you switch if you like... :-)

BMWHaus Contributor

Kinda off topic, Apologies lads.

Does anyone know why Vodafone don't offer 4G on the iPhone5 but its available on the iPhone5s/c?

Is it just a money making scheme to get us to buy the newer phone ?

:huh:

BMWHaus Contributor

Mobile Phone price plans

Quote Originally Posted by RobM

Does anyone know why Vodafone don't offer 4G on the iPhone5 but its available on the iPhone5s/c?

Iphone 5 does different lte bands to the 5s/c. It may work when vf start building their 1800mhz network but for now they're only doing 800mhz which the 5 doesn't support. Meteor and 3 have a working 1800mhz network.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nsheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM

Iphone 5 does different lte bands to the 5s/c. It may work when vf start building their 1800mhz network but for now they're only doing 800mhz which the 5 doesn't support. Meteor and 3 have a working 1800mhz network.
    Ahhhhh I see said the blind man.

Thanks for the informative reply man :wink::wink:

BMWHaus Guru

Mobile Phone price plans

Just for the record not paying your phone bill with O2 has nothing at all to do with your credit rating.

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210