Thread: Dodgy Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Dodgy Garage

A mate of mine went and bought a car in a garage in a certain area of Dublin (SIM I registered). She traded in her old car as part exchange.

Any way, after a day or 2 driving she noticed something wasn't quite right. Took it back as it had a 3 month warranty on in and the garage said come back when it's dry so he can take a better look.

Registered mails have been sent and not signed for because they do not answer the phone to her.

She got a letter from eflow saying her old car went through the toll and charges were due. She informed them she had traded it the car and that she wasn't driving it. More letters from eflow then. She went to the guards and they rang the garage about it. They are now saying the never heard of my mate and never had that car on their premises and didn't sell her a car at all.

What's the deal here? I'm sure it will all eventually be sorted but why would the garage be doing this?

The new car still isn't fixed. They won't answer calls or anything. Think she is going down with guards tomorrow but I find it very strange? Especially for a simi garage no?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Dodgy Garage

Name and shame please...... Although it sounds very very like a prick I dealt with a few years ago who happens to have a supposed celebrity sister!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Dodgy Garage

I'm not naming the garage yet as it's still on going. It's in ballymount though.

The same thing happened with my Dad's car a few months ago, he had it for sale and a so called dealer rang up and bought it without any hesitation. The eflows started arriving daily and despite ringing them and telling them they kept them coming, eventually my Dad had to get a solicitor to confirm in writing that he wasn't the owner of the vehicle anymore and submit it to shannon..shortly after he got a letter from eflow saying that the sum of the combined penalties for using the M50 would be passed on to the dealer in question.

There's no point in naming and shaming, Ballymount is like the Vegas of dodgy car dealers. Always bad reports from people who buy from any of the dealers there.

BMWHaus Contributor

Unless she knows someone in the station, the Guardai will call it a civil case and do fuck all even though they can. A solicitor should be contacted and registered letter sent but as for eflow, thats on her head ss the car should have been taken out of her name.

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Dodgy Garage

There's the small claims court too, they'll get the sheriff involved and think it's only €9.50 to take a case. Solicitor will tell you to send registered letter which has already been done but unsigned for! If the warranty was given in writing then it will be dated so that's proof of purchase as far as the court is concerned. As for the trade in the fact she done a change of ownership to the new car and has insurance only one that car then the court is on her side and tell her to put the fines from eflow onto the claim paperwork plus the solicitor fee reg postage all adds up. If the court don't hear from garage, the sheriff will knock out to garage and won't leave til something's paid. Now it won't sort out the warranty but if she paid for repairs herself then that cost should be added to the claim all for reimbursement!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Mod Edit.

Removed the companies name...as it wasn't them and it has potential to bring legal issues to the site.

BMWHaus Contributor

Nope. Wasn't them

BMWHaus Guru

Well avoid them too! They clock all their cars, and their warranty is bullshit - they are generally a bunch of cowboys.