Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apprentice mechanic at 32!?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Apprentice mechanic at 32!?

I'm struggling with what to put in the app letter to get me an interview cos the cv wont make a blind bit of difference with no formal experience.

BMWHaus Contributor

Call in and talk to them?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
    Call in and talk to them?

Yeah I'd like to but am flat out with work for 9 days

BMWHaus Contributor

I was going to say call in. Firstly your going to separate yourself from other applicants by putting a face to the application form . It shows your interested to find out about the position even before you apply. By talking to them you will get ideas on what to put on application form and when it comes to interviews you will have an idea of the type of individual their looking for and answer their questions accordingly. On a side the company I work for take on approx 30 apprentices a year and generally speaking the more mature ones are streets ahead of the younger ones. I know your busy but if you can make the time go see them.

BMWHaus Contributor

If you have little to no experience in the field, a CV showing consistant hard work - other achievements/qualifications and a good long run of employment will stand to you. The last thing an employer will want is a young fella just out of school, not used to a wage and out on the beer all the time with his new riches

Sent from my magical talkie device