Thread: Bubbly Shadowline Trim

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bubbly Shadowline Trim

I have slight bubbling under the shadowline trim on my E60, anyone had this before? Car is 07 & is out of warranty, wondering is this covered under any body rust/warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Bubbly Shadowline Trim

You could chance it under warranty its worth a shot , its very common on the gloss black trim in the e39 m5

BMWHaus Contributor

Basically its moisture corroding the Alloy and tbh its probably an easier job just to replace than repair it. To be honesg both my M5s are like that and I dunno how I'm gonna tackle it.

Re: RE: Bubbly Shadowline Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    Basically its moisture corroding the Alloy and tbh its probably an easier job just to replace than repair it. To be honesg both my M5s are like that and I dunno how I'm gonna tackle it.
    Simplest/cheapest option is to just get se trim or any other undamaged trim and wrap or paint it they are big money from the dealers

BMWHaus Contributor

Painting it doesnt work in gloss, In matt its not too bad but I cant get gloss to stick to it. I was gonna try wrapping it but the black wrqp discolours when you bend qnd stretch it.

BMWHaus Contributor

Painting it doesnt work in gloss, In matt its not too bad but I cant get gloss to stick to it. I was gonna try wrapping it but the black wrqp discolours when you bend qnd stretch it.
    Take it off, sand it and pain it. Better yet give it to a bodyshop to do as you bound to bust a load of clips taking it off. New trim is not that expensive. Good 3m wrap doesnt grey on streaching.

Re: RE: Bubbly Shadowline Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Moe
    Take it off, sand it and pain it. Better yet give it to a bodyshop to do as you bound to bust a load of clips taking it off. New trim is not that expensive. Good 3m wrap doesnt grey on streaching.
    New m5 trim is very expensive easily over a 1k maybe closer to 2k to change the trim shadowline a bit less it would be pointless buying one piece it would stick out to much against the older weathered pieces

I agree though send it to a bodyshop

http://shadowlinetrim.com/

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    http://shadowlinetrim.com/
    I tried that, works well, really time consuming to apply round corners. Honestly you need more patience than I had to get a flawless finish. Cheap as chips and survived all washing, weather etc....