Thread: Need help with my sat nav unit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need help with my sat nav unit

Hello,

I need little help with my satnav fitted into my car. Since I got this car sat nav never worked. I went to halfords and guys adviced me get a new screen because old one was cracked. So I ordered a new one, just plugged back and screen is still black. The standby light is off. My gps unit is mk3 but the screen is very unusual vdo dayton mm5000. Could anyone help me with this or give me a number to someone who knows how to deal with wiring, fuses, etc.
    Thanks in advance.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Need help with my sat nav unit

Is the Mk3 unit booting up? i.e does it display the led light and accept a CD?

Yes it accept cd but no led light on.

BMWHaus Guru

First step will be to check fuses anyway. Then I'd reinstall the Mk3 software. After that I'd be removing the console and making sure its actually wired in!

BMWHaus Contributor

In my experience when the navigation module is disconnected the screen and radio would still come on. You won't see navigation from the screen that's all. Now as Ken pointed out it does not seem to work either. Sounds like your BM module (radio) and gps module are not connected, at least.
    I would think a fuse is blown, can't have that many modules becoming faulty at the same time.

I checked fuses and they are ok. There is also 2 plugs going to navigation. Then from navigation going one to screen and one for remote control. Maybe should be another power supply from battery and as far as I know some cables should be connected to radio, speedometer, antenna.
    Below you'll see wiring diagram.
    Can you fix it for me GERMANIKS?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by strefabrzmienia
    I checked fuses and they are ok. There is also 2 plugs going to navigation. Then from navigation going one to screen and one for remote control. Maybe should be another power supply from battery and as far as I know some cables should be connected to radio, speedometer, antenna.

Whoops sorry I think we all thought you had the OEM system, even though you posted the picture of your aftermarket unit.
    I am happy to have a look yeah, drop me a PM with your mobile I will be in touch.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Quote Originally Posted by strefabrzmienia

Whoops sorry I think we all thought you had the OEM system, even though you posted the picture of your aftermarket unit.
    I am happy to have a look yeah, drop me a PM with your mobile I will be in touch.
    It is an OEM system - pretty rare one. Made by VDO Dayton.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BD32&mospid=47617&btnr=65_0825& hg=65&fg=95