Thread: Best products to use on black e36 with swirl marks / small scratchs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best products to use on black e36 with swirl marks / small scratchs?

Hey lads. just wondering what ye would recommend for removing swirl marks and small scratches from paint. the scratches aren't too deep. Also have abit of lacquer peel on my passenger wing is there anything i could do with that also? :happy:

Administrator

RE: Best products to use on black e36 with swirl marks / small scratchs?

There is nothing you can do with lacquer peel, other than re-painting.

The only way to permanently remove swirls and scratches is to machine polish the paintwork. There are options that you can go for that will revive the paintwork, to give the paintwork it's shine, depth and gloss back, while hiding the swirls. Unfortunately this isnt permanent, as the fillers that are in the polish will eventually wash out and you will need to re-polish the paintwork.
    With a good polish and wax/sealant combo you should get decent results for 3 months....the swirls will return, but the depth and gloss will stay longer.

Chemical Guys Pro Polish 3n, combo with Pete's 53 wax, for black would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    There is nothing you can do with lacquer peel, other than re-painting.

The only way to permanently remove swirls and scratches is to machine polish the paintwork. There are options that you can go for that will revive the paintwork, to give the paintwork it's shine, depth and gloss back, while hiding the swirls. Unfortunately this isnt permanent, as the fillers that are in the polish will eventually wash out and you will need to re-polish the paintwork.
    With a good polish and wax/sealant combo you should get decent results for 3 months....the swirls will return, but the depth and gloss will stay longer.

Chemical Guys Pro Polish 3n, combo with Pete's 53 wax, for black would be great!

Dave is spot on.

I have the CG pro polish - used a hand applicator plus CG black light and then a lick of Petes 53 - even without the machine to polish, the result is fantastic.If you do go the machine route you will get even better results

BMWHaus Contributor

After I give the car a polish I use Angel Wax Dark Angel. Its a very good hard wearing wax. Smells nice putting it on covers over light scratches and swirls. That said its only temporary.

Cheers lads ill have to give that stuff a go. Thaks for the help