Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone price plans

BMWHaus Contributor

Mobile Phone price plans

Whats the best to opt for, whats the best deals?

I'm currently with Vodafone on an aweful plan prepay and they dont seem to want to do any to for me. I want to be able to talk and text, prepay suits but if there was a good bill pay I could go that route as well. Anyone got any good deals lately?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Mobile Phone price plans

Avoid bill pay at all costs.... Just avoid it. I've tied myself to a 2 year contract with O2 for an iphone 5 and it's a pain in the ass! I imagine it's what selling your soul feels like...

BMWHaus Contributor

Lol, I regularly ran up e300 bills a few years back so its probably not the way to go. Lol

BMWHaus Guru

Yea they will find anyway to screw you, and they WILL screw you and you either pay or get a bad credit rating so it's just a whole load of unnecessary hassle. I'd say three with their prepay deal seems good, but I'm not up to date on them as I don't want to depress myself by checking all the nice deals I'm missing out on

BMWHaus Guru

i have 20 cent a min prepay calls. Think that's as cheap as it gets but NLA afaik.

BMWHaus Contributor

I'm with three, prepay €20 per month

- free texts to everyone
    - unlimited data (10gb limit )
    - free calls to three
    - free calls at weekends to all networks and landlines

Its up to you weather bill or prepay, no matter what wat you look at it bill usually costs more than the equivalent prepay at the end of the contract.

Might be worth looking at getting a sim free phone and then having the pick of networks, got the nexus 5 before Xmas and can't fault it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Mobile Phone price plans

I've been on 30 day sim only contracts the last few years.

Bad parts: it's sim only so no upgrades and you supply your own phone. Unlocked phones are expensive (but usually cheaper than the equivalent 24 month contract).

Good parts: 30 day contract, cheaper and often better contract terms. Currently with emobile (meteor) and for €25 per month I get unlimited calls & texts and 5GB of 4G data per month. If you buy network unlocked phones you can jump network at any time.

If you can afford the unlocked phone it usually works out a lot cheaper than signing up for a phone+contract.

BMWHaus Contributor

Im with 3 and live them.think its 23 per month with unlimited texts and unlimited internet, also includes 6 hours calls free to any network.3 to 3 call are free

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Firstly it depends on who you are ringing mostly. For me it's meteor as most of my family are the same so free calls an texts to all. I am on bill, pay 25 a month covers everything.Got an experia on special for 30 euro as the new model came out, there is a lot of 25 euro per month to cover the 400 euro cost of the phone if I were sim only. 18 month contract when its over revert to sim only plan and monthly bill goes down a tenner for the same plan.

BMWHaus Guru

I am using Tesco Mobile which uses the O2 network and am on the Clubcard Talk plan.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/conductyourplan.aspx

As I have a Tesco Clubcard for €15 a month I get the following (this costs €20 without a Clubcard):

1. Unlimited calls to any network and landlines
    2. UNLIMITED any network texts add-on (uses €10 of the €15 top-up)
    3. 1Gb 30 day DATA add-on (uses €5 of the €15 top-up)

Note: €5 in Tesco shopping vouchers also buys you a €15 Tesco top-up via their deals site.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/mobile.aspx