Good evening.
My love with detailing started with a simple Autoglym Claybar and Detailer provided by Chris from Detailingshed at the Athlone meet in 2012. I went on to a Detailing Course provided by the lads and that is when I got introduced to the Snow Foam lance.
Needless to say this is the best investment to go for should you wish to keep your car long term swirl free.

After some time using it you might come to a point where instead of having some nice foam dwelling on the car it might be running watery so will not stay a long time on the car dragging all the bits of dirt down like it is supposed to.
Chances are time has come to change the gauze which at this stage could possibly be full of essicated foam together with limescale and be all white rather than silver in colour. It can be bought from the lads here:

http://www.detailingshed.com/shampoo-snowfoam/132-replacement-gauze-for-snow-foam-lance.html

Here are the steps to take when wishing to change the gauze.
Apologies but I took my pictures only after I cleaned the lance and its components but all parts where white so a change was due after a lot of use !

Tools you will need: size 22 wrench, a Tong, small screwdriver and more or less 5 to 10 minutes of your time :wink:

1. At the front of the lance, where the red plastic part is, you will find two little holes with a small metal cylinder in it

2. put the little screwdriver in either side and push the metal cylinder out helping yourself with the tong:

3 you can now remove the red plastic cover only to find the nozzle

4 the black plastic part which keeps the nozzle in place is hold by two smaller cylinders (similar to the previous one) so once you remove them you will find yourself with this:

and once the plastic part is removed:

5 next step is to get the size 22 wrench and unscrew the part you removed the base of the nozzle from:

6 You will now hold the part where the gauze is stored; take the screwdriver you used before and apply some pressure on the small cavity in the middle to get the gauze out. Remove the old and insert the new one.

Once you have put all back together time for the test... did the replacement of the gauze solve the problem?
YES, definitely working again with loads of foam !

I did not cover the part concerning the removal of the attachment to the jet wash so if you wished to give it a proper clean I would suggest you follow these instructions:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84349

Hope this was of help !

You are undertaking this work at your own risk and I am not responsible for any work you carry out. If unsure or if in fear of braking parts please address yourself to a professional for help.