Well jus decided to lash up this little thread bout my current daily hack. its a 2002 bmw e39 520i m sport in topaz blue..

In april last yr my mate bought this cheap and the day after he collected it i had a small issue with my old 180sx road car which took it off the road.So my mate lent me this bmw and i just loved it. Me being a true jap only man the comfort and smoothness was not somethin id had before so loved it. Upon getting the 180sx back i put it for sale and luckily it sold quickly so i paid my mate the price he paid for the car and the bmw was now mine.. i knew and still know nothin bout bmw's but learnt after getting the car it came with genuine m5 alloys,genuine m5 elec wing mirrors and genuine m5 interior rear view mirrors.

here it is when i got it

with me being unable to leave anything alone i went and got the usual german regs and a set of coilovers to to make it look better and suprisingly lost very little comfort considering i chose budget coilovers. before i gott the car my mate hit a kerb and marked bumper and found some corner splitters for €40 painted in my cars colour and allso fitted them and painted the kidney grills black..

I drove the car like this till sept last year , then needed money for a deposit for house rental fast so selling this was my qick fix. I sold it cheaply and instantly regretted it haven had to drive around in a 97 corolla.. I had sold it to a mate who only wanted the car for tthe genuine m5 bits to fit to his e39 530d. i missed the car that much i often joked bout buying it back and my gave me a price i couldn turn down. so i bought it back minus the m5 bits and only 1800 extra miles covered in the 6 months it was outta my hands..

here it is after i gave it a good clean when i got it back sitting on m-sport 17inch wheels

my plan was always to refit the m5 bits so that it was the same as before i sold it so a guy offered me good money for the m sports so agreed to sell them. with them gone and not havin the full amount to buy m5 wheels i decided to try the wheels off m s14a drift car for a while seeing as they are a pcd of 5x114 and 5x120 and not being used as the drift cars turbo is blown. and to my suprise they fit and i kinda like them. I know this will shock and disgust the bmw oem purists but i like to try be different and as i said there only a temporary thing till i have full money for m5 wheels..

here it is on xxr 526's . Sizes are 18x9 et 25 fronts and 18x10.5 et 20 rears runnin 20mm spacers up front and 13mm of spacers on rear to flush out the e39s 74.1mm centre bore as my wheels only have a 72mm bore and widnt want to have to mill the wheels as again its a temporary thing..

opinions and critism welcome