Thread: breaking.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

breaking.

As above is there much of a market out there if i was to break? I mean in general not just on here, Its a bmw 02 520i m sport. Also what are most parts worth, id imagine the bumpers and wheels etc.. would be worth a few quid. Havent had much interest tbh,have a new car now so no need for the bmw.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: breaking.

How much are you after?

After breaking 2 M Sport e39s I've came to the conclusion that they are a terrible breaker. Anyone old enough to insure and tax one doesnt want to mess about doing theirs up, they'll just buy one and anyone who wants to do a car up will buy a IS200 or a 3 series. Theres a limited market and I mean limited. Bumpers sell, wheels sell, interiors sometimes sell, the rest can be hard to shift but that wont pay for the car.

Anything M-Tech (Bumpers/Interior/Wheels) will sell easily.

After that it's just advertising and weeding out the genuine people over timewasters.
    Be prepared for lots of timewasters, I'v had people text/ring at 1/2 at night looking for bits.

TBH, It's a lot easier sell a good car than break it. Only worth stripping cheap rusty/UK/crashed ones.

BMWHaus Guru

Breaking requires patience and a lot of re advertising. If after a quick buck it won't work but if you know your market and are in no rush things eventually sell but this could be a month, six or a year later.

BMWHaus Contributor

why not knock 6 or 700 of the price and hopefully get a quick sale.breaking is a pain as people want parts and when you spend the time taking them off some wont come and collect.then theres the ones that try and haggle and say the parts aren't as good as they thought.load of shite..sell complete or use it for a while more.its a lovely car.donedeal and adverts will wreck your head if you advertise parts there..calls at all hours from total nutjobs

BMWHaus Contributor

breaking.

Sent you pm