Thread: iPhone contacts on iDrive incomplete

iPhone contacts on iDrive incomplete

My iPhone 4S contacts don't completely sync with the idrive of my F10 520d. I've got 274 contacts on the phone and about 10 - 15 of them won't appear in the phone book of idrive.

Any ideas why?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: iPhone contacts on iDrive incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    My iPhone 4S contacts don't completely sync with the idrive of my F10 520d. I've got 274 contacts on the phone and about 10 - 15 of them won't appear in the phone book of idrive.

Any ideas why?
    Make sure those names do not have special characters, like ', " )
    Also make sure the phone number do not have brackets like: 00353(0)8797

That is what I would check first

might make a difference if the names are stored on the sim card and not the phone itself, I have seen that to happen before, they should be all on the phone

iPhone contacts on iDrive incomplete

I have this same issue since I synced my phone and outlook address book.
    Anyone know if there is a limit on what idrive can sync?

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I'll have a closer look at the problem contacts format and location.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix

Any ideas why?
    Make sure those names do not have special characters, like ', " )
    Also make sure the phone number do not have brackets like: 00353(0)8797

That is what I would check first
    Just checked some of the contacts that don't sync.
    No funny characters, except ( ) which are automatically added to all numbers when you put them in around the network prefix, and + because I store all numbers with international prefix. So all my numbers look like +353(87)1234567, yet only some of them won't sync with iDrive.

Can't figure out if any numbers are on SIM instead of phone. Anybody know how to do this in IOS 7?
    I don't think this is the issue though as it was a new SIM when I got the phone and I synced all my contacts from my computer to the iphone.

BMWHaus Guru

I also have had this problem. Sometimes you can change which numbers synch by removing your device from the iDrive profile & re-pairing it. I have noticed that it is not always the same phone number listings that are missing after each time I re-pair the iPhone.
    Running CCC iDrive on latest SW version.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

You may need a BT module update. I know I fixed iphone 5 connectivity issues recently on a 2006 e64 by flashing the module to the latest software.
    Not sure if that is going to fix this particular issue but having the latest software helps anyway.
    Will do a bit of digging in the mean time...

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I also have had this problem. Sometimes you can change which numbers synch by removing your device from the iDrive profile & re-pairing it. I have noticed that it is not always the same phone number listings that are missing after each time I re-pair the iPhone.
    Running CCC iDrive on latest SW version.
    I'll give that a go. Can't hurt anyway :smiling:

Just a small update on this.

Upgraded my phone to iPhone 5S. After pairing for the first time every number is present. Weird.:huh: