Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E39 electric/heated seats

E39 electric/heated seats

Im looking for Black base electric/heated sport front seats from a facelift e39 for a project condition is not important the leather can be ripped as its really only the base's im after the rest will be binned

Im in no rush for them and the cheaper the better just throwing it up on the off chance someone has a shagged unsellable interior out there

BMWHaus Guru

E39 electric/heated seats

Did DaveG not have a set of grey comfort seats out of an E38 for sale recently, now that would be nice

RE: E39 electric/heated seats

He certainly did they caught my eye on the rack when I was down there but I want to stick with sport seats

I spot electric memory seat retrofit.
    Small tip. While you are at it, replace your drivers seat foam with passengers seat foam from donor seats.
    And use tigh support frame from manual seats, this way you can bolt the front adjutster cover plate back on. Also manual seats headrests will be direct fit to electric bases.

Re: E39 electric/heated seats

il be happy with just electric/heated im the only one who drives my car so not to pushed on the memory

Iv already swapped the cushions between driver and passenger a while back thanks for the heads up

Not sure what you mean about the thigh support though

I think I see what you mean if I keep the leather from my manual seat and use the electric base il end up with a hole were the thigh support extends

@[mcung13] could you do me a favour next time your at the car could you take a picture of the front of the seat face on were the thigh support is

Here you go. I still have the holes behind carbon wrap. Too lazy to fill them and spray it black.
    Elecrtic seat bases don't have the threads for the bolt in the middle.

Ah I see now so there was no way to tuck the hole under out of the way

Did you swap your manual leather onto electric bases is well ?

The holes are in the middle, so no way of hiding them.

I did swap the manual leather to elecric bases.
    I have some pictures up in driver. LINK bottom of the page.

Re: E39 electric/heated seats

Cheers man I remember that now this is basically what I want to achieve its been nibbling at me months now and I feel I wont rest until its done so best do it so I can relax again

Il swapping the oxford green bases to black so figure it would make sense to go electric/heated while im at it and kill 2 birds with one stone