Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E39 electric/heated seats

RE: E39 electric/heated seats

Does make sense.

But are you sure, that you don't want memory? It is only one small step away. Besides drivers seat will drain power even when it is not used and car is locked, if consumer cutoff is not used. No switched power source is powerful enough for seat motors. You could use a relay, but you will be switching up to 30 amps. Plus more switches, buttons, stalks (electric steering column) is better + mirror tilting when reversing.

Il have a think about it just always seemed like a lot of work for something that wouldn't be used by me il read up on it its been a while since iv checked it out I do like the tilting reverse mirror very useful feature

What do you mean they still drain power ? I always thought the car shuts everything down after 15 minutes once locked and alarmed , its starting to sound like a headache already

It does, but the signal for sleep is coming from General module to k72 consumer cutoff relay and that will cut the power feed to the seats. If you wire seats directly to constant power, they will remain powered all the time. Passenger seat is different, no fancy modules, no power used when switches not touched.