Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is an E36 coupe worth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

How much is an E36 coupe worth

Maybe as it's such a hot topic we could discuss and keep it here and save everyone's FS threads?

Are they worth 3k and up? Or are they worth as some have suggested only around the 1500 mark for a really good one?

Discuss! :happy:

RE: How much is an E36 coupe worth

Yes.

Discussion over.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Yes.

Discussion over.

:happy: Well I'm glad we could all take part in that. When I posted i never saw the thread actually lasting as long as it did. Interesting debate :tounge:

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Are they worth 3k and up?
    Simple answer is there worth what someone is willing to pay, Jimmy Macs and J Ryaners E36 both sold for around the €3k.

So yes the right E36 can be worth that.

Can you really compare Noels, Chris', Austins, Peters, Cabs and Endas E36s (There just the ones I can name) to one on DoneDeal with a welded diff for €1500?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BMW
    Simple answer is there worth what someone is willing to pay, Jimmy Macs and J Ryaners E36 both sold for around the €3k.

Can you really compare Noels, Chris', Austins, Peters, Cabs and Endas E36s (There just the ones I can name) to one on DoneDeal with a welded diff for €1500?
    I'm not comparing anything I just started the thread to facilitate the discussion. If two consenting adults wish to part with money and metal between them as far as I'm concerned that's up to them. :wink:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BMW

I'm not comparing anything I just started the thread to facilitate the discussion. If two consenting adults wish to part with money and metal between them as far as I'm concerned that's up to them. :wink:

I paid more than 3k for my one, which is a lot considering its an 18 year old car, but it was well worth it to me for the condition and mileage, not many of them around like that
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

Like has been said anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

But it also has to be said that just because you spent a lot of money on a car - it doesn't mean it is worth that total cost to another person.

If you bought a set of vaders, spoilers wheels etc - someone probably made a profit from you on each of those parts when you bought them. It was worth it to you to spend that money to get the car the way you wanted, but it might not be worth it to the next guy.

When dealing with the likes of a 318is then I think you'd really have to be looking at what you could buy the ultimate E36 coupe (M3) for - to me logic would say that there will be no 318is worth as much as the cheapest E36 M3 (nct'd and running OK.). Even when you bring the travesty that is the Irish road tax system into it, it would still make more sense maybe to just stick the 1.9 engine into an M3 if a 318is was what you wanted.
    I mean we all make our 318is' look like m3 anyway....

Bottom line I guess though is if a car is not selling for an advertised price then the market doesn't think it is worth that.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by indigais
    realistic price for good one is 1500-2000e but even at that price its will be for sale long time
    people dont buy e36 which cost over 2k because thay see other ads where some one sell the ssame year car for 500-600e
    and no one dont care whats you done to your car
    Enthusiasts will always be dealing with a higher price bracket for several reasons. It's not a bad thing.

BMWHaus Guru

realistic price for good one is 1500-2000e but even at that price its will be for sale long time
    people dont buy e36 which cost over 2k because thay see other ads where some one sell the ssame year car for 500-600e
    and no one dont care whats you done to your car
    80-90% of people would have that frame of mind. It's the 10% bracket that will pay above average for mods done to the car and the 10% are usually enthusiasts on bmw sites:happy: I would happily fork out 3k plus for an E36 with low miles, in decent nick with some nice extras

BMWHaus Guru

i agreed with you
    but i better buy some cheap one and fixx all staff my self because even if you buy car for 3k you need somthing change to that car because e 36 always need somthing
    True, each to their own. I would rather pay that bit extra for a decent example though as i usually hold on to cars for at least 2-3 years. I paid 10k for my e36 back in 08 as it was completely original with low miles and knew it had an easy life. I sunk a few k and lots of time modding it.