Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E90 325d

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Lightbulb E90 325d

Folks,

Havent had any time to research into the E90 325d, but the auld fella has asked me to go with him to view one later today.

I know the 320d's have a few issues, but not heard much about the 6 pot 325d's as, as usual everyone goes for the 320d.

Going to view this E90 325d

Reasonable spec, right?
    What does the Service Pack cover? Just the basic, oil, air, spark plugs, that type of stuff?
    What price would make it good value for money? VRT is about 6.6k before extras

Cheers!

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E90 325d

Don't know anything about them Dave, sorry.

But, thats a cracking looking car and very nicely spec'd
    I wouldn't imagine there be any issues with that particular one, (low mileage, dealer, warranty)

Id be confident in travelling up to buy it :wink::wink:

BMWHaus Guru

I remember one for sale on driver:
    http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89713&highlight=325d

Oh and forget about the spark plugs:wink::hehe!:

Looks fantastic Dave, the colour is just

Administrator

Just up now - waiting on a salesman....had a quick look at the exterior; very tidy.

Diesels aint my thing Shane....so forgot about the plugs Although; could be looking at this as a pass me down!!

BMWHaus Guru

It doesnt matter if they have issues.

You're buying an approved used BMW so you'll get at least a 1 year warranty. Try and negotiate 2 years. Most dealers up here will give 2 years.

Just mind that only take the service pack if you intend on keeping the car long enough to get the value out of it. It usually covers 1 oil services, set of spark plugs, 2 air filters and a pollen filter and brake fluid change. Be mindful that BMW only require 18k mile oil change intervals now.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owners/service-and-maintenance/servicingoptions.html

BMWHaus Contributor

they are the detuned 3.0 litre so pretty much bullet proof.
    well spec too, iDrive Pro, heated seats etc
    Only thing its missing is Xenons!

Service pack includes all and everything that pops up on the iDrive for 5 years. My dads service pack on the E60 covered fuel filters in everything.

If he buys, first thing to do is go a BMW dealer with the key and ask if anything is outstanding on the service pack as sometimes they will miss things.

BMWHaus Contributor

Does it have to be auto? here is another nice looking one, manual though but the price of it could help with Agnew if there is negotiations to be had

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201401311440192/sort/default/usedcars/page/2/body-type/saloon/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/engine-size-cars/3l_to_3-9l/fuel-type/diesel/maximum-mileage/up_to_50000_miles/radius/1501/model/3_series/make/bmw/postcode/bs324nf/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old?logcode=p

BMWHaus Guru

E90 325d

I was up the road from it today, could have met you there for a nosey.

Regards,

Andy

Administrator

Collecting Friday!!

Very tidy car, and great spec...couldn't walk away...or more like I wouldn't have let him walk away. Fingers crossed if he keeps it well, it might do a stint on my drive in a few years. Be a grand one for her to go along with an F10!

On the point of the extras in relation to VRT. You shouldn't be charged for them as the car is 4 years old.