Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camshaft intermittent fault

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Camshaft intermittent fault

Im using a flimsy little bluetooth reader until I get my diagnostic laptop up and running again

Anyway plugged it in today and had one error there is no eml lit up on the dash and the cars driving fine which doesn't coincide with the symptoms that generally come with this fault

All details of it are here http://engine-codes.com/p0369_bmw.html

would you recommend changing it ? Its giving no issues yet but maybe its likely to go soon

RE: Camshaft intermittent fault

Edit: just came across a way to test it using a multimeter and spanner will give it a go the weekend

Administrator

Think I had something similar when I had Marlow read the fault codes.....wouldnt never had said there was anything off with the car. It could have happened once and been there weeks, since the last time it was read and cleared.

BMWHaus Contributor

Welcome to my world :happy:same fault same reader, done the multimeter test, if you can get it up on a ramp and turn.the engine by hand to fully confirm fault. I did the spanner test and it failed.Got a febi (cheap) sensor it passed the spanner test but failing when I test it with torque app.did you notice a performance drop.
    I am waiting to get dis set up to check full system. I tested both solenoids and switched them no change to the 0369 fault. Waiting to get an oem sensor hopefully it will fix it.

Re: Camshaft intermittent fault

Cheers lad's no noticeable difference in performance although it does need a bit more rev lately to take off in first or reverse

But it spun the wheels/wheel without issue yesterday in the dry doesn't feel any slower

BMWHaus Contributor

Oh well, heres me thinking that once I fix this I will have at least an extra 100hp an 60mpg once I got it sorted. Looks like I will have to get me one of those turbonator thingys or a bigger engine :happy:

Re: Camshaft intermittent fault

Did you get a light on the dash for yours ? If your cars feeling sluggish you could do the vanos seals if you haven't done them already

BMWHaus Contributor

Done the seals last year, no lights an flew through nct (very low emissions).car has never been what you would call savage but will still accelerate hard once you get to 50 . I put it down to the 2.2 an auto for poor take off performance. I would say my sensor has been knackered for a good while I am just hoping that the vanos pistons havnt seized with new seals installed given that they are there 18 months and may not have even bedded in.

@[mac7] have you had a look at your disa vavle ?
    http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94249-DISA-valve-refurb---great-results.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    @[mac7] have you had a look at your disa vavle ?
    http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94249-DISA-valve-refurb---great-results.
    I took the valve out last year an all was ok. I ran an inpa test on the disa to activate it and nothing showed up but nothing happened either. I got the car read and cleared faults with a launch system and the car was transformed for a few days don't know if it was coincidence or not as the same fault returned immediately. Maf appears good as soon as it unplugged car dies. I think I will just have to wait until I get the cam sensor fault cleared before I can rule anything else in or out. Or is there anything else obvious I can check