Thread: E60 key problem

BMWHaus Contributor

E60 key problem

I need some help for my dads e60 keys, its the diamond shape key for 2005 model , one of them is not working but before i got a chance he opened up the key and seen a battery inside, i presumed it should not be changed? i can try change it but i dont think its the issue, whats the re initialising procedure for these keys? any advice please

RE: E60 key problem

Quote Originally Posted by claudio
    I need some help for my dads e60 keys, its the diamond shape key for 2005 model , one of them is not working but before i got a chance he opened up the key and seen a battery inside, i presumed it should not be changed? i can try change it but i dont think its the issue, whats the re initialising procedure for these keys? any advice please
    id be curious to hear the answer to this also as i have a dead key on the m5 that id like to get up and running again...seems to be a dead battery ... theres a few videos on youtube of how to tune them back to the car once you replace battery

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E60 key problem

i have just noticed that the battery has micro solder marks on it and now its difficult to sit in place again, is there someone who can fix this for me and wont charge a fortune? once i have the battery in i can try and re program the key then