Thread: JCW Brake Upgrade..

JCW Brake Upgrade..

So i need new brakes for the GF's Works as hers did not have the brake upgrade.. Looking for something decent a cheap enough as the car is not driven that hard anyway but some nice calipers would be cool..

First what to look for?? JCW, WilWood, StopTech or what?? And where to look?? Tried ebay and nothing on it at the mo..

Cheers..

BMWHaus Guru

RE: JCW Brake Upgrade..

Conor be able to chime in here with this one when hes online as he done Barts brakes

@[HealyC]

BMWHaus Guru

JCW Brake Upgrade..

Best combo I've seen work on a Mini is JCW calipers and disks with OEM pads all round. Then braided hoses with a full fluid flush all round using ATE Super Blue or Motul brake fluid.

BBKs yes look the part but on day to day driving you'd notice no difference on the above!

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Best combo I've seen work on a Mini is JCW calipers and disks with OEM pads all round. Then braided hoses with a full fluid flush all round using ATE Super Blue or Motul brake fluid.

BBKs yes look the part but on day to day driving you'd notice no difference on the above!
    Cheers, think herself has been onto a lad in Cork that does the upgrade but a little slow to get back to her.. Do you know where i could go about looking for the brakes??

I have been all over the net so hoping someone can get em and put em on for me really..

Cheers

That's exactly what I had on mine and the brakes were excellent. Actually I didn't have braided hoses but the pedal feel was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilo

That's exactly what I had on mine and the brakes were excellent. Actually I didn't have braided hoses but the pedal feel was excellent.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Cooper-R53-R56-S-Rear-330mm-4-Pot-PB-Brakes-Big-Brake-Kit-BBK-/280904079256?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item4167301798

Would i be mad to look at a kit like this??

Do K Sport do a kit also??