sometimes i dont understand people thinking .if U not gonna repair your car in main dealer,why bring it there just to check it? and pay minimum 100e just to get an idea whats broken? and sometimes its not correct answer at all .only my 2 cents .

ill tell u a story which happen last week .some taxi driver brought his passat to main dealer to check why his engine is noisy :huh: he thought its timing belt loose :s car was driving but noisy . left car in and got call later ,they have checked timing and fan belts and all ok.the noise is in gearbox or in the clutch ,was their suggestion,to found whats wrong need to remove gearbox,of course its big money time so he rang me ,can he bring it in and re check .an hour later he towed his car to my place ,they told him do not strat car as its dangerous to drive like this :hehe!::hehe!::hehe!: i couldnt start any work without engine start ,i must hear that noise.so tried to start it but engine wont turn,got jump start and engine dont turned anyway .lift it on the lift and found that engine is seized :surprised: removed gearbox ,no damage at all ,no damage in clutch as well,and it couldnt be gearbox as car was moving easy and without any stopping . removed engine oil sump and found nice picture
IMG_0081.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0083.JPG
so how did they revved the engine if con rod broke in half ,after broke from piston and piston stuck between crankshaft and cylinder :surprised: and told him not to start engine as its dangerous :hehe!: and was charged 85 euros for this quick check