Thread: Central locking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Central locking

Slightly strange problem has occured recently with my '98 E39. My boot unlock button from the alarm fob has started unlocking all the doors as well. Not sure how i managed to feck it up anyone know how i can fix this, can't find any answers on Google.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Central locking

Sounds like a memory/coding issue. Have you recently disconnected/let the battery go flat??

There should be setup instructions with the alarm - assuming it's aftermarket. If you still have them have a look.

Sent from my magical talkie device

Its a factory alarm. I haven't been near the battery although the car was in for a check up around the same time it started happening. Maybe I should try disconnecting the battery for a while?

BMWHaus Contributor

Try it, but leave it for about 10-15 minutes if you can

Sent from my magical talkie device

This seems to have fixed itself somehow.

BMWHaus Contributor

Don't know if it's anything to do with it but the wiring loom to the boot(within the rubber hose) is a known weak spot several wires can break or short out worth a look either way.

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Don't know if it's anything to do with it but the wiring loom to the boot(within the rubber hose) is a known weak spot several wires can break or short out worth a look either way.
    You could be right as no other way to explain it happening then repairing itself.