Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon Dipping

Carbon Dipping

So i want to do my spoiler, wing mirror covers and grills with Carbon Dipping but can only find one place in Ireland and there prices are pretty high from here - http://www.aquaprint.ie/

€200 for lip spoiler
    €150 for wing mirror covers
    €80 for grills

I could buy ones for that but have looked around and asked on M3 Cutters and they all said to get them carbon dipped as obviously they will fit perfect and the results are very good as can be seen in this thread..

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97421&highlight=carbon+done

So has anyone had this done or know of anywhere else that i could price up the work??

Cheers

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Carbon Dipping

carstyle.ie came up on a google search for water transfer printing but I know nothing about them

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    carstyle.ie came up on a google search for water transfer printing but I know nothing about them
    Tried them already, they will only wrap them and kinda afraid the wrap would be cheap looking..

I remember I got a quote of a guy in Mullingar 50€ for spoiler and two mirror covers. Never went with it as I am still unsure but the prices above definitely seem pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I remember I got a quote of a guy in Mullingar 50€ for spoiler and two mirror covers. Never went with it as I am still unsure but the prices above definitely seem pretty high.
    Do you have any details of this lad??

Cheers

Just to throw my 2c in the ring...

I honestly don't see the point in carbon wrapping or dipping something. You're not getting any performance advantage (as negligible as it might be) and you're essentially making something look like something it's not. It's on the same scale as putting M3 badges on a 316i (but obviously not nearly as bad). I'd either source real carbon parts or paint the parts piano black. Dip / Wrap is fine maybe for a quick fix on something, but for the price why not just go for real carbon and get someone who knows what they're doing to fit it if there are issues with the fit of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMcGrath

I honestly don't see the point in carbon wrapping or dipping something. You're not getting any performance advantage (as negligible as it might be) and you're essentially making something look like something it's not. It's on the same scale as putting M3 badges on a 316i (but obviously not nearly as bad). I'd either source real carbon parts or paint the parts piano black. Dip / Wrap is fine maybe for a quick fix on something, but for the price why not just go for real carbon and get someone who knows what they're doing to fit it if there are issues with the fit of the product.

Im not looking to make anything lighter for performance just for looks is all.. And as i said a lot of the spoilers and wing mirrors have fitting issues as i was told on M3 Cutters so it seems the most sensible thing to do was dip the ones that i know i will have no fitting problems with...

Also im not looking for the BMW Performance spoiler as it is way too bog and looks silly IMO just want the spoiler i have in carbon...

I also have no interest in spening silly money on the carbon stuff and i would prefer to save my money for mods that will actually improve performance like my Eisenmann exhaust and Evolve remap.. :wink::wink:

Aqua print might be expensive, but the quality and durability is excellent

BMWHaus Contributor

I'd imagine you find the quality and durability is as good in many places in the UK also with less expensive prices. There's no competition here so they can charge what they like and yes it is a tad too much tbh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMcGrath

My 2 c

Not every car has the availability of real carbon parts. Not sure how much of a performance advantage you would gain by putting on a real carbon spoiler instead of plastic one. Most grills sourced on ebay do not fit properly no matter who fits them.