Thread: n 47 timing chain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: n 47 timing chain

Get a copy of BMW TIS & BMw ETK from EBay, it's as good a manual as it gets.

Here's an online version for TIS on a Russian website, hence the need for google translate.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://tis.bmwcats.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Donline%2Bbmw%2Btis%26hl%3Den%26client %3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DbQ6%26tbo%3Dd%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26channel%3Dnp&sa=X&ei=EN7hUMDzEOqY2wXU04D ABg&ved=0CFYQ7gEwAw

Click repair manual for what your looking for.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

RE: n 47 timing chain

[size=large][quote=rebel.ranter]
    Get a copy of BMW TIS & BMw ETK from EBay, it's as good a manual as it gets.

Here's an online version for TIS on a Russian website, hence the need for google translate.

hi all and thanks for your help --i did as advised and purchased the tis software for 8 euros --yes 8 euros on line -- it is very helpful and if you have worked in a garage you can easily follow the instructions.
    i interviewed a number of bmw garages including bmw high wickam SYNTERS
    where we bought the car - none of these people impressed me and those who were not going to rob me knew nothing about the job and could not tell the difference between the existing chain and the modified chain and modified sprokets [/size]
    - the only person i spoke to who knew what was involved in the job was mr mark allen of straffan who did a great job and did not rob me -he included fixing the handbrake rachet and he gave the rear suspension some attention gratis .
    i am dealing with people in garages and engineering firms for 40 years --i keep abreast of developments and i attend automechanica and IIA and other trade shows --i know of some of the aftermarket and oem suppliers and i spent a little time looking at doing this job myself -- i am glad i left it to mr allen and i was very impressed with him personally --he actually knows what he is doing -- a rare find . well done mark . denis buggy